dont know where to find the fuel pump test line

sizemore111

i dont know what the fuel pump test line is locsted under the hood i diconnected both ends of the fuel line and blew out the rust in the line and put hte ends back on and now the car wont start it would run before i did that

look at the air mass plug, follow the wires untill they enter the harness,,the fuel pump test connector will be with in a couple inches of where the wires go into the main harness , eoreg the wire was tape'd to the main harness with blue tape , but may or may not still be that way,,it's a single wire blk/white with a plastic connector on the end but no where for it to go

It's behind and below the black can that holds the air filter close to the right headlight.

Which fuel pump did you get?

Jimmy

i trying to see if my fuel pump is good or not first

Look between the air filter canister and the fender... you'll see a thick wire harness bundle. Taped to it, or hanging from it, should be two connectors going nowhere - those are the test connectors. They should have protective caps on them. They're just a few inches behind the front bulkhead (bodywork metal between the headlight and air filter canister). One test connector will be a single wire - that's the fuel pump test terminal. The other will be a multi-wire connector; that's for the ignition system.

Connect a voltmeter or test lamp to the one-wire test connector, ground the other meter/lamp lead to the battery "-" post. Hold the ignition key in the START position - you should see 10 to 12 volts on the test port if the ECI fusible link and part of the ECI relay are working. Note I specifically said "START" - StarQuests do not feed power to the fuel pump when you just turn the key ON. If that passes,move the meter/lamp test leads to the two wires AT the fuel pump - you can access it through the rear hatch. Again, look for +10 to +12volts while the key is in START. If you had voltage at the test port, but not at the fuel pump itself, then:

* move the meter's ground wire from the fuel pump to a good ground in the trunk area... or run an extension wire to the battery "-" post. Put the key in START again. If you have voltage now, it's a bad ground wire at the fuel pump - a fairly easy fix. Just trace the wires from the pump. Still no +12volts? But you did have +12volts on the test connector under the hood? If so, the wire to the fuel pump is busted somewhere in the car. If you have the +12volts across the pump... listen for the sound of the fuel pump.

mike c.