Window Problem

bmreyna

Here are more of the inside Switches

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9417/img0308l.jpg

And

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2244/img0309u.jpg

So yeah, Even after all this Cleaning None of my switches Work, Absolutely non of them =(

- When before they were dirty, the passengers worked flawless, and the drivers would sometimes work (rarely).

Isn't there a way to just connect 2 of the switches together with a wire temporarily just so i can get the passenger to roll up? im using this Ghetto Fake window to make it look like i have a window up =P

Edited by bmreyna

Isn't there a way to just connect 2 of the switches together with a wire temporarily just so i can get the passenger to roll up? im using this Ghetto Fake window to make it look like i have a window up =P

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4153/img0315b.jpg

Blue and black wires going to the driver side switch are the power and ground feeds... jumper those to the green+blue and red+blue wires to run the driver side window.  Just guess at the polarity...  you have a 50-50 chance.  Unplug the connector from the switch BEFORE jumpering anything though - the way the switch works you could end up connecting +12volts to a switch that's grounded.  Run the jumpers in the harness connector.

Passenger window switch: gotta do that at the passenger side of the car.  Plug the driver switch back into the harness connector, then unplug the passenger side switch.  On the passenger side connector:

red is again +12volts IF the driver side switch works and the LOCK switch is set to allow passenger window operation

green should be ground.  If it doesn't seem to work, just run a wire to a bare screw somewhere in the car body for your own temporary ground.

Green+blue and red+blue are again the wires to the motor... connect these to the red & green wires.

mike c.

Here's an explanation of how to jumper the windows back up that he explained to me when I posted about my problems a while back.

• 6 months later...

The pieces on the far left of your picture go in a specific direction. Did you put the slots in them in the grooves on the plastic? If they are backwards, the switch won't work.

I know this thread is from a few months ago but I am having the window problem also. I have cleaned the switches like it said in the post.

I beleive my problem must be a fuse or the like. The driver window was working on and off for a couple of days but the passenger window did not fail. One day the driver window stopped working all together and the passenger window stopped working at the exact time.

I have checked all the fuses that are under the dash and they are all good.

Where else can I look?

It's an 88 with 125k miles

Thanks,

Pete

Update on the window problem.

Reading old posts and found that the antenna fuse could be the culprit. I touched the fuse and the driver window began to work. So I put in a new fuse in that slot eventhough it was not burnt. The passenger window is not working yet.

Any ideas?

Maybe a different fuse somewhere else?

I did just install an antenna but the antenna is not moving up and down for now. I could live with the antenna not moving for now but in Miami with no a/c all windows must be in the open position.

Thanks,

Pete