Complete 1987 wide body parting out

rpm1

This is a complete running car, I am parting out. I have alot of interior pieces left and most body panels that are rust free.Tell me what you need and its yours, no reasonible offer refused! I also have some extras like boost gauge, tach,LSD, custom down pipe. You can email or call rick @ 3212779667. So basically whats left on the car is the complete interior minus the a/c controls, headlight switches, and seats. I have the complete spoiler, "turbo" hatch, doors, fenders, bumbers, perfect gas tank, power steering lines, perfect rails and quarters, hood, grill, complete working head lights, and more. Shoot me an offer chances are I'll take it. Don't hesitate to ask nothing to small. I also have all the glass for this car.

Accepting all reasonable offers dont hesitate to ask!

Edited by rpm1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because it's worth more parted out? Or the car does not have a title?

Most of our cars are probably worth more parted out, but we only do it if necessary. A title can be applied for, money can be made elsewhere; there's no need to take another one off the road.

[/rant]

Most of our cars are probably worth more parted out, but we only do it if necessary. A title can be applied for, money can be made elsewhere; there's no need to take another one off the road.

[/rant]

You might think it's easy to get a title, but it's not as simple as you think. I have tried to get titles on vehicles with 20 year old liens on them and it's not going to happen. I'm thinking about parting my 87 Conquest out and it's got a very clean body, I seriously doubt anybody would want to drive to WV to pick it up unless I sold it dirt cheap...and I am not going to give it away for less than I have in it.

You might think it's easy to get a title, but it's not as simple as you think. I have tried to get titles on vehicles with 20 year old liens on them and it's not going to happen. I'm thinking about parting my 87 Conquest out and it's got a very clean body, I seriously doubt anybody would want to drive to WV to pick it up unless I sold it dirt cheap...and I am not going to give it away for less than I have in it.

Sad. :(

HOw are the rear quarter panels, im in serious need of some repair panels for my 87. Does it have the original 87 style air dam or the 88-89 style?

YOu guys always rant about people parting out a car, but think about this, that one car parted out could put 10 more back on the road. There are alot of us that need hard to find parts that can only come from part outs, otherwise our quests are useless and off the road like mine. Everybody is a critic, until they need a part thy cant find.

Edited by Chrome_Rush

HOw are the rear quarter panels, im in serious need of some repair panels for my 87. Does it have the original 87 style air dam or the 88-89 style?

YOu guys always rant about people parting out a car, but think about this, that one car parted out could put 10 more back on the road. There are alot of us that need hard to find parts that can only come from part outs, otherwise our quests are useless and off the road like mine. Everybody is a critic, until they need a part thy cant find.

I will continue to rant when people take complete cars off the road like this. I'm fine with some getting parted, but a complete car?

I'm not retarded; I understand that this is how we keep our cars on the road. Even I need a quarter panel:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3856/p1010031d.jpg

But I don't want to take it from a complete car. From what the rpm1 said, it sounds like this car could be put back on the road with minimal work. It'll take more effort to part it than to drive it.

I couldn't have said it better!

In need of black grill pieces that sit inbetween the hood and windshield and also the wiper covers.

Thanks

Nathan

This is a complete running car, I am parting out. I have everything (except a/c) I mean everything. complete interior, body panels, and drive train. Completely rebuilt head and turbo, manifolds, radiator, everything, rebuilt distributor, plus more. Tell me what you need and its yours, no reasonible offer refused! I also have some extras like boost gauge, tach, NGK wires (brand New), MSD coil, Stainless Steel braided turbo cooler line, upgraded front mount intercooler, LSD, custom down pipe, ARP head studs. You can email or call rick @ 3212779667. I also have a modified intake with a holley projection and stand alone, thats what is installed in the pic.

OEM throttle body SOLD

Lower air dam SOLD

I will continue to rant when people take complete cars off the road like this. I'm fine with some getting parted, but a complete car?

I'm not retarded; I understand that this is how we keep our cars on the road. Even I need a quarter panel:

But I don't want to take it from a complete car. From what the rpm1 said, it sounds like this car could be put back on the road with minimal work. It'll take more effort to part it than to drive it.

It costs more money to get it back on the road though. some people buy cars for the sole purpose of a partout. buy it super cheap for only one reason, to turn a profit. Fixing it wouldnt turn a profit, it would take more money. I did it with an SVT contour, picked it up for next to nothing and got double what I paid for it just out of the front and rear bumper. It needed a tranny, and I didnt have the means to fix it. I only bought it to make money. HAd I fixed it it would have cost me around 1000 plus what I paid for it. Instead I MADE a couple grand to put into another project.

A complete car and you're parting it out? Why?

Because the car was the equivelant of a 3000lb piggy bank with negative interest. I have the title I just also would rather spend the money on something a little different.

Looking for all the acc. brackets, exhaust manifold, valve cover, not sure what else yet. Just picked up an 87 widebody so I'm kinda playing by ear. Thanks!

I'll do the brackets for $10 plus shipping

Manifold is gone

I'll do the polished valve cover with breather and brand new pcv valve for $25 plus shipping

Shoot me a PM if your interested

It costs more money to get it back on the road though. some people buy cars for the sole purpose of a partout. buy it super cheap for only one reason, to turn a profit. Fixing it wouldnt turn a profit, it would take more money. I did it with an SVT contour, picked it up for next to nothing and got double what I paid for it just out of the front and rear bumper. It needed a tranny, and I didnt have the means to fix it. I only bought it to make money. HAd I fixed it it would have cost me around 1000 plus what I paid for it. Instead I MADE a couple grand to put into another project.

You're comparing a complete SQ to a Contour? Even as an SVT it's not worth it.

Because the car was the equivelant of a 3000lb piggy bank with negative interest. I have the title I just also would rather spend the money on something a little different.

Why not sell it as a complete car then?

I'm not against parting out cars; not one bit. I AM against parting out cars that could be put back on the road with a little invested time and elbow grease. It's your car, do whatever. I'm just expressing my opinion.

[/rant]

I've got probably around 3500 in the car and it still needs more. I hate to part it out, I have tried several times to sell it complete with no luck and now the parts are flying off of this thing faster than I can take them off. Theres no way I'll get back what I put in but parting it out is the only way to get something back.

I have two sections off of an 88 the go from fire wall to tail lights, from tranny tube to rocker, and from the bottom of the windows to the rocker. Basically a left floor, rail, quarter, and the same for the right. I will cut what you need. The air dam is gone.

I have 88 body sections I could sell you to fix yours, I tried to sell this car and couldnt, this is the last option.