Suicide Doors

Neckoslash

Anyone ever go through the trouble of putting suicide doors ( Or having someone put them on ) an old sedan. I think I'm picking up an old valiant sunday and it seems like a good candidate for this. Just trying to see how much money I'm looking at if I get someone to do it.

If there's a kit available for the car it won't be too bad. If there's not, and you're paying a shop to fab them up, then get ready to get a second mortgage. The shop I worked at did it to a car and had about 300 hours into fabbing everything up and making it work. That was just the fab work for the doors, not including bodywork or paint. At $60/hour labor, that stuff adds up quick.

are you trying to get yourself killed or something?

No that's why I sold the quest :lol:

If there's a kit available for the car it won't be too bad. If there's not, and you're paying a shop to fab them up, then get ready to get a second mortgage. The shop I worked at did it to a car and had about 300 hours into fabbing everything up and making it work. That was just the fab work for the doors, not including bodywork or paint. At $60/hour labor, that stuff adds up quick.

Thats what I figured, It looks like they sell ready bake kits but they look pretty... Barbaric? No suicide doors for me then... <_<