electrical m,ess

zaza

When I got the car this is how some of the electrics were wired.

I'm replacing the wires in the fuse link and cleaning up connections and found these just lying around. Some were cut and nothing connected. Others were sliced into the fan. My guess was to keep it running at all times. :huh: Now I'm having problems with the charging system. When I get it jumped it will be fine right away after I turn it off, but If I let it sit for a day....no charge. Could this be because of the wiring hackjob!? :blink:

I tried looking through my chiltons, but has nothing on the wiring. I will try to fins the FSM online and see where I could go from there. ThNKX.

Its an 88 auto. I picked it up for 700 and drove back from fitchburg to my house. About an 1 hour away. Tranny need some help, it skips 2nd and shifts to 3rd. Have to check the vacuum lines and make sure they are good. Then on the way back the engine sounded like it missed a couple times. It did it about 3 times. Going highway speed then it started to chug and popped and then it just kept going. Definetly got to look into the fuel system. He said he had bought new injectors for it. The car need some work, fuse links, all connections, vacuum lines, etc. Glad I found this place. :lol: Edited by zaza

Someone hacked out some fan relays and those red wires in the vinyl loom cover, those look like EGR solenoid wires. Its an automatic so it already has two of the primary fan motors both with shrouds and a core that is a couple mm bigger it doesn't get any better than that. You can wire back in the relays if you are missing the plugs you can find those in a junkyard, DSMs pr pther Mitsubishis on their covered fuse box that has the same relays in them mold that plug into the box including the lock tabs you just have to cut it free if you can't find the plugs.

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM001070.JPG http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM001068.JPG