Throttle Body Question

csdisme

I have a question about the throttle body we use on the magna. Aside from the fact that it fits, is there any other reason that we use the throttle body from 4.6L '96-'04 Mustangs (and others)? In other words, if we were to change the mounting plate could we use a different T.B. or are there other reasons that make the 4.6 more desirable?

No reason for asking other than just being curious ;)

Thanks

Most have ISC crap, or EGR crap hanging off it, or the geometry is not quite right for the throttle linkage.

It was chosen by me for everything I do because:

It's compact and has no extra "junk" on it

it's throttle bore is nealy perfect for moded G54B's (not too big, not too small)

It's linkage is very easily adapted for our cables

It's very common in the aftermarket, and inexpensive (under $120

It's very common in the parts yards/ebay, and inexpensive (under $40

It comes in miltiple sizes if you really want something bigger than 65 mm

It's pattern is easy to reproduce on flanges

It' TPS is easy to make work for aftermarket ECUs

it's easy to buy parts for (TPS and gaskets)

I haven't seen many TB's available that offer all of those traits. most will share many of those traits, but the ford seems to me to be the best of all.

The "Glen" magnas offer 2 patterns one for teh same TB,a nd the other for an older mustang TB, I think a 5.0 verson. It's got a similar range of sizes and availability, but I think it's a little more bulky and has some extra "stuff" on it.

Thanks Chad, there are some points that you bring up such as the linkage that I was looking for. Anything could ultimately be made to work, but at what cost and with how much effort. The 4.6 does look like the best choice. ;)

Thanks again