windows 7 for $30

on4now4

all you need is a student email for those of you that are in school

http://www.win741.com/

when you are doing it you have to make sure you click the little link at the bottom that says your school uses a domain so you get pro instead of home

you can also get office for $60

just thought some of you would be intrested

It's an upgrade version, not a full install.

if you search torrent sites you can find a nice cracked version of 7. I've been using it for over a month, all updates and patches work on it so far. no flaws.

SP1 when that comes out might not work on it but that's a long time away. I'm very surprised that this crack hasnt been "found" yet.

eitherway, works great. no need to ever pay for any MS product.

Cheapest full ver of 7 is $105

It's an upgrade version, not a full install.

A full install can be done with any of the so called update discs. What determines whether it is an update or full install are the keys. Nonetheless, a full install is easily done with any upgrade disc. Search Google for the details.

OP, thanks for a good post, but if one does it through ACM, the price becomes 19.00 for two keys (x86 and x64) of Pro (available since Aug/09), as well as most versions of previous Windows and a myriad of other utilities and apps.

My sincere wishes of a Happy and Prosperous New Year to all.

Jms

I remember researching this and I found no way to do a full install of an upgrade disc.

In Vista you could swap keys, IE install without a key and then activate online, but from what I heard that no longer works for 7.

I think the CDs are different or something.

I'm guessing you're joking but I'm not. I actually have a working DOS based system. Monochrome screen, windows 3.1, etc. It's a 386 laptop.

lol...I was...I did have an old (early 80s) Tandy for awhile...worked great...but, got the thought, whos ever gonna use this again :P

I remember researching this and I found no way to do a full install of an upgrade disc.

In Vista you could swap keys, IE install without a key and then activate online, but from what I heard that no longer works for 7.

I think the CDs are different or something.

Take a look at this link:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/10/27/clean-install-windows-7-with-upgrade-media-and-product-key-on-formatted-or-empty-blank-hard-drive/

Rgds,

Jms

Yes, I read that method. That works for Vista but from what I heard will not work on 7. The system will become devalidated after 30 days and when you call microsoft to reactivate it will not provide you a proper authentication ID.

at least that's what I heard