DIY Turbo Manifold Kits

mazworx_1

Ok we've got 10 now! Now if anyone has a head they can donate to send to us for us to probe it to make the headflange we are golden. Once that is confirmed, we will need 50% deposit from everyone to get it rolling. Headflanges will be done is a day or 2 here and then the kits will be put together.

**** Updated 11/09 1 buyer backed out so we need 1 more ****

Interested Parties

1. Scotty Dont (log) (cancelled)

2. AndyW (tentative)

3. Professor (ramhorn)

4. satty07 (ramhorn)

5. slowquest (ramhorn)

6. casey1 (ramhorn)

7. bosstin87 (ramhorn)

8. sellerfeller (ramhorn)

9. rosengrant826 (ramhorn)

10. alostsoul (ramhorn)

A fellow member of this board, Scotty Dont, asked us to come on here and offer our DIY Turbo Manifold kits. Here is what we need from you guys.

#1We can make the head flanges no problem, if someone is willing to donate a bare cylinder head to us, we can probe it properly and make the head flange.

We try not to mock it up with a gasket as that is not always 100% correct.

#2 Once we have the head probed and ready to make the flanges, we will require at least 10 confirmed buyers for us to make these. If its less than 10, we cannot make it.

Here are some pictures of the diy kits that will be available once everything is squared away. Kit will include

Schedule 10 304ss Elbows and Tees

1/2" T3 flange

1/2" head flange

38mm wastegate flange

Log Style Manifold -159.00 shipped (tentative)

http://mazworx.com/pics/logdiy.JPG

Ramhorn style - 299.00 shipped (tentative) Includes a 4-1 merge collector

http://mazworx.com/pics/ramdiy_1.JPG

Here is one of our kits mocked up ready for final welding

Log Style

http://mazworx.com/pics/fwd_logmani_1.jpg

Ramhorn style

http://mazworx.com/pics/sst_srmani.JPG

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via pm, AOL IM mazworxsales, or email sales@mazworx.com

Edited by mazworx_1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any sort of deal for the person who provides the head? I have numerous here that are good candidates for a developing run.

Also is the price you quoted in Stainless Steel or just steel? I personaly would prefer steel as I'm not setup to weld SS.

Edited by AndyW

Any sort of deal for the person who provides the head? I have numerous here that are good candidates for a developing run.

Also is the price you quoted in Stainless Steel or just steel? I personaly would prefer steel as I'm not setup to weld SS.

Do you have a gass less wire feed or something? If you have MIG, stainless just needs a better gas than steel (tri-mix or pure argon), not different welding hardware. You can make a pretty nice weld with an arc welder, that is what most industrial pipe fitters use on this kind of material.

Steel won't last as long as stainless. Nothing lasts for ever at these temps, but steel will fail rather quickly compared to stainless.

This is a pretty good deal for the hobbiest price wise. Given this pricing, their profit margin isn't much, it's more of a favor to the club than a $$$ maker.

Do you have a gass less wire feed or something? If you have MIG, stainless just needs a better gas than steel (tri-mix or pure argon), not different welding hardware. You can make a pretty nice weld with an arc welder, that is what most industrial pipe fitters use on this kind of material.

Yah, I just run Fluxcore. It started out as laziness for not buying gas and I just got used to it. So that is what I'v used for years.

I would be interested if this will bolt in mod. Is the flange for the turbo still the same as stock? Ill talk to scotty

No this is not a bolt in affair it needs to be built, this GB is just the "pieces". There is no point of using a stock flange unless purchasing the ramhorn to quicken spool and add a few horse power then you can just purchase a td05 flange else where.

or you can purchase this http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=td05+to+t...e&_osacat=0

This is exactly what I knew would happen.

What?

Edited by Scotty Dont

i think this is an awesome buy and no one should try to change it.

Nahh, I'm not trying to change it. Just questioning what is included mainly because that is a screaming good price if it Stainless.

Nahh, I'm not trying to change it. Just questioning what is included mainly because that is a screaming good price if it Stainless.

It's not a screaming deal (the material on the log is about $95, and the machine time for the flanges another $20 or so) but they aren't making much profit considering the time and headache there is in dealing with individual sales, stocking product, coordinaitng product procurement, and shipping.

Its going to be stainless. Its the best way to go for a lasting manifold that will also look good.

To the person that was wondering about a deal if you supply the head, honestly we cant. We already have very little profit into this maybe less than 10%.The price that these kits are available for and with the stuff your getting is a good deal already.

Its more than 20.00 machine time to make the flanges. You probe the head, draw it up in CAD, then the CNC machine time would probably be at least 20-30 min. per flange.

I supoose so, I use a different method on mine that takes about 15 minutes. Perhaps you can have them laser cut? That's going to be a lot faster than milling them.

It's a good deal regardless.