who is tuning with ignition pro?

Funky Phil

Trying to link up and atleast download the map thats already on but keep getting the error message "failed to connect with controller" ???? Im using a serial to usb convertor. Anyone have similar issues??

phil

Are you using the ignition pro software?

Trying to link up and atleast download the map thats already on but keep getting the error message "failed to connect with controller" ???? Im using a serial to usb convertor. Anyone have similar issues??

phil

you may need to try and find the proper drivers for the adaptor, i have heard a lot of the newer lap tops don't like to read the ecu thru the usb port Xp has a problem loading the drivers even tho it says it has them

i remember when the Tainters were down here their pc would not connect like 50% of the time and drop out ocasionaly on the usb port

just a thought are you turning on the lap top befor or after connecting to the lap top,, it may not be assigning an irq if the lap top usb port is not in use when it boots up

Edited by Shelby

Yes, Im using the fip software. But the problem is only with the ignition computer. I can connect to the FC all day and monitor but anytime I try connecting with the IC it give me the error message.

phil

you might check the connection baud rate etc

and you might check on the older programs that may work

but i remember when theTainters try'd to connect to a couple ms ecus with their lap top (usb) it wouldn't work so they use'd my lap top while they were down here

I had the same problem with my Pro2 setup , somewhere I found some info on the USB to Serial adapter, the recommendation was to go buy the one Radio Shack makes, or sells, and it does come with a driver, has worked perfect ever since, as long as I turn the Megatune program off before I shut the car off, that locks up my laptop Edited by BaltTSI