oil type

Wakeman17

The factory manual has 20w/50 down to 32 degrees,below that tempature it is 10w/30.Most all us

use 20w/50 though sae.

Where? Does the FSM state to use 20w50wt?? I see 20w20wt,20w40wt,10w30wt and 5w30wt.You don't use 20w50wt unless you engine is built to accept it. Mine is. Look at my modifications.No advice is better than bad advice.

I don't give bad advice, just sound advice,

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Correction 20w/40 .

I'm not picking on you, but new members read these forums. We need to give them accurate information.For almost all climates: 10w30wt is best.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Well from 32 degrees to 120 degrees for 20w/40 is a pretty broad climate for anywhere coming from the fsm

It is really a matter of preferance ,i use 20w/50,you use 10w30,somebody else uses 15w/50 so for the newbie

i look at the the fsm for average climate.Not many drive there quest in -10 below.

It is really a matter of preferance ,i use 20w/50,you use 10w30

No, I use 20w50wt. If your engine is not a High Performance built motor. You should use 10w30 or 10w40wt. Ask around about correct oil weights. And look below

Edited by Caliber308

This question is like asking ten men which woman is the most beautiful of ten beautiful women. You'll get 10 different answers.

This exact same question comes up every month or so. There must be at least 500 posts, not to mention 1000's of replies on this subject in the BS & VM Archives.

Do a search for it and you will get more opinions than there are grains of sand on a beach.

As was suggested to you in some of your other posts READ THE FSM for MITSU's suggested weights of oil to use for the climate that you live in.

For What It's Worth.

KEN