you anti-M guys will love this

RJ

I was on the freeway around 12:30 am and an E39 M5 caught my eye as it was merging at a pretty good pace. it took me a mile or two to catch up for fear of highway patrol. i finnally got beside it and we both did a few short pulls to confirm that it was on. i dropped to 4th and went from and 80 mph roll. i pulled about a fender on him and maintained it until i left off at 140. gave him a wave and got off my exit. talk about an adrenaline rush.

Yay for breaking the law!!! Welp, too bad you didn't get to 150, I would be thoroughly impressed then. ;)

if you dont want to here about it, i suggest you stay out of this section.

if you dont want to here about it, i suggest you stay out of this section.

Nice kill.

You could start it off as "in a dream I had the other night" or "while I was racing in Mexico" just to avoid taking crap for racing on the street...

BTW isn't 80mph more like the top of 3rd?

Edited by Roush

Nice kill.

Thanks

BTW isn't 80mph more like the top of 3rd?

probably but i wanted a few rpms to work with before shifting again. according to my datalyog i was at 3700 rpm in 4th when i went WOT which is like 80.1 mph

Edited by RJ

Alright, cause 1/8th mile when I was going throught the traps at 88-89 MPH, I still had like 500 RPM left in the top 3rd, just wondering. But I'm serious about the racing in Mexico story thing..... That way you don't admit to doing anything illegal...

You know, I have no idea why this family site condones illegal street racing.

Very strange.

there's always the rebel in a family and the good kids

Anyone who hasn't driven their car in an illegal manner needs to go back to the care home and finish their soup.

woohoo you broke 1,000 posts! :D

I havent yet, but i just got a new head and a bunch of other stuff and not done yet... it gets up to speed tho. no problem. lol

its the one after that. the m5 goes as follows E28 M5 (1985-1988), E34 M5 (1989-1995) <---my favorite. E39 M5 (1999-2003), E60 M5 (2005-present), E61 M5 Touring (2007-present)

but the e39 has about 395ponies sweet ride

but what i will find one day is the ultimate bimmer if you ask me Alpina B10 Bi-Turbo :kowtow:

Edited by spoolinturbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Our spotter at the last drift event is an instructor for BMW at the SC plant. He told me that the new 135i will take the new M3 by two car lengths in a 0-60 run. Plus, turbos are more fun than displacement!