Knock box

Wally Walt

so you want the 88-89 knock box or a pigtail adapter to use the older small plastic one? or is your car an 87 thats converted to a 88-89 kncok box i got an 87 knock box.

If you end up needing one let me know. I have a good knock box out of a running 88 Conquest ready to ship.. I have the pigtail for it but if you have an 88 you won't need it unless someone has hacked it up for some reason. If you have an 88 use one from an 88 or 89 so your ECU will work correctly with it. Let me know if I can help.

:) Thanks, David Springer

If you have spark then your ignitor is working. Timing is set by the distributor not the ignitor. If you have spark and fuel the next thing I would check is ignition timing. For that you need a timing light. You can get one for around $20 at an auto parts store or they rent them sometimes.

Also you can try cranking while giving it a little throttle. I mean a little throttle. If it fires up then the idle control is faulty.