not starting now

Nightcall

Hi guys ive been cleaning and flushing my radiator of rust. Prior ive new sparks wires dist and cap. I left prestone flush + water in rad. I drove it a bit like instructed (5 miles) and entire ebngine bay is steaming and im overheating. Why?.

Next thing i know my car wont start. Can you give me your opinions? Thx

Take radiator out and use a hose to flush it out forwards backwards upside down etc etc.

You could've disturbed coolant sensor or ballast resistor in front of rad?

Where is the coolant sensor (did you mean thermo sensor?) and ballast resistor located? I don't think I've disturbed it. I will take the advice of taking it out and flushing it though. Thanks

Edited by Nightcall

look inside rad..... cap off ...are the flutes open ???the ones u can see are they plugged up ??....u may need a new rad...u can get a alum on ebay for 230bucks and its plug and play.....best rad for your quest............... Edited by markhansenconquest

Does it crank and not start/fire? Or does it not crank at all?

That resistor set under the air cleaner is to reduce current flow to the Starions low impedance fuel injectors. Without the resistor, the injectors would burn up. Ballast resistors are used on vehicles with a points type ignition system, something our cars dont have.

To check for spark, you can have somebody crank the engine over and use a 12v test light:

You can also pick up an adjustable spark tester:

http://www.oemcycle.com/image/Adjustable_Ignition_Spark_Tester-900459826.jpg

or pull a spark plug, connect it to ground, and check for spark while cranking

Edited by SFBMX88