cruise control

allen405

I got this cruise control unit about a year ago maybe more and I'm finally gonna install it. However i lost the original e clips for the part that goes to the pedal and I don't remember where they go. Can someone give me an idea of where they are usually set as far as when they go thru that bracket.http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s5/allen405/output_3.jpg

Well I tested it, man I had a big smile on my face I was thinking life is great. I know your waiting for the downer, we'll here it is. It wouldn't disengage no matter what I did, it finally started to come down gradually, I unplugged it and left it at that. Slydogg may have been on to something, lol

Remove the cover on the actuator and replace the 25+ year old filters. The actuator works as a controlled vacuum leak. Those filters turn into a cake like substance after so many years and clog the actuator. Just clean it out and put some cotton balls in there.

Thanks, but I already changed those with the same type of material. I have to also check the cable to see if I ran it correctly, it might be to sharp an angle. If someone could post a pic of theirs under the dash that would be great. Il also may have to adjust that part with the clips on it because I kinda don't remember where it was from factory