hole in the head between cylinders 1 and 2.

drift_king

Hello there is a diamond shaped hole in the intake side of my head between cylinders 1 and 2. what is it. when I got my car it was blocked off. now I'm trying to install my mpi and the top part is sticking out above the flange. no intake gasket I have seen covers it. I'm not sure how to proceed. plus when I popped the cover off of it it leaked about a 1/4 cup of oil everywhere.

Yeah I had to take a piece of aluminum flashing and cut it to size and use RTV on either side to hold it in. Worked just fine.

the flange on my mpi intake almost covers it. the top of the hole just pokes out a tiny bit. What is that hole anyways is it for the mechanical fuel pump?

http://i.imgur.com/rWyUfDa.jpg

Edited by drift_king

I guess I'm going to use the thinnest aluminium flashing and rtv to cover it. then I'll put the intake on over the flashing. there is no hole in the flange of my Chad intake. this is a rough spot in my mpi install. Thanks for the advice boys Edited by drift_king

I am running the FIP Hurricane system and I have to do the same thing. It sucks and it isn't the nicest looking solution if it's visible from the outside but you gotta do what you gotta do. Either that or if you have the means to modify the flange to get clearance all around it then you can use the factory blockoff plate...I doubt you want to do that though.