Wheel restoration

yamahlr

I live in the Charlotte NC area and I'd like to get a set of Enkei 92's I picked up polished and one needs to be straightened (very minor damage) and several minor scuffs on the rim edge. Overall very good condition. Anyone have experience with a wheel company in my area? If you're in the PA area, Wheel Collision Center is top notch,(had them do a set of mesh wheels for me a number of years back) but it's over $100 to ship to them, one way.

Here's a chapter from my online body/paint repair manual soley devoted to wheel restoration....

Chapter 16

Gotta join the site to see the manual, but with all the info, it's worth the extra couple minutes to register.

Anyway, you could just ship the bent wheel to the trusted guy, then just refinish the rest of them yourself. After the straightener send back the one wheel (shipping should only be about $20 each way per wheel), you could polish that one up too. It's a bit of work to do all the polishing, but worth saving a few hundred bucks.

Edited by Burton