Testing Waters: 1987 Conquest TSi - ATLANTIC BLUE

Coke

I am trying to see what I can do. I have so much going on right now, that I just can't afford anything anymore. It hurts to think, but I may end up selling this car before it's completed.

Right now, this is a testing waters...because I havent decided yet exactly what I wanna do with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Cokedoctor/Atlantic%20Blue%2087/downsized_0709092122.jpg

I have here, my 87 Chrysler Conquest TSi with about 160k miles on the clock. Previously owned by Importwarrior (Rob)

Atlantic Blue exterior (B71)

Black Velour Cloth interior in excellent condition.

Body has some rust along the driver lower 1/4 panel dogleg in front of the rear wheel and some other minor areas

Passenger frame rail aught to be fixed up sometime, but I've seen worse on cars people have been dailying

Clearcoat is peeling on the "tops" of the car (hood,roof, spoiler)

I bought this car from Rob for a fair price, with stripped apart engine, wired for MPI, but no ECU, manifolds, head, etc, and no TBI harness in the car. I spent hours in junkyards finding parts to bring this car back to life, via TBI. Found another Atlantic Blue car in the junkyard, and took the TBI harness from it, and installed it into this car. It's all plugged in and ready to go!

It has a fully rebuilt engine by me

New freeze plugs/gaskets

Balance Shaft Elimination

Clearwater Non-Jet Valve Head - Brand New

Schneider HD springs/retainers

Schneider 284 hydraulic cam - Brand New

Centerforce clutch

Small 16g Turbo - JUST rebuilt by ragdoll_unlimited

Delphi Injectors - Brand new

*DM 3inch Exhaust with Wideband Bung

This car has a FULLY Documented Progress Thread with LOTS of PICTURES located here.

http://www.starquest...showtopic=78589

The engine was completely disassembled, degreased, pressure-washed out, oil squirters were cleaned, checked for proper operation

The engine has not been ran yet, it needs a fuel tank and a few wiring loose ends tidied up.

The following parts were installed to the car by me:

Emergency Brake cables - Brand New

Alternator - Brand New

Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Swaybars

Suspension Techniques Lowering Springs

S&M Strut Tower Bars

3SX Performance SS Braided Brake Lines - Brand New

Star-Orion SS Braided Clutch Line - Brand New

Rear Brake Calipers - Brand New

Axxis Rear Brake Pads - Brand New

Brake Rotors - Brand New

ABS Eliminated

Brakes are bled and ready to go.

All this car needs to run, is a fuel tank, and a couple wiring loose ends finished up.

I'd hate to take anything less then $1800 for the car....I've got that much in it, in new engine parts but throw me some offers....it doesn't hurt to ask. I might say yes....and wouldn't that make you happy? :)

Edited by Coke

I'd love your car.. TOOOO far away and I need to thin out the herd myself.

I just can't read any of your threads with that avatar.. Looks like a neighbor kid that comes over to play with my kids, and when I make samichez for them that's how he eats. AAaarrg!

E

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to see what I can do. I have so much going on right now, that I just can't afford anything anymore. It hurts to think, but I may end up selling this car before it's completed.

Right now, this is a testing waters...because I havent decided yet exactly what I wanna do with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Cokedoctor/Atlantic%20Blue%2087/downsized_0709092122.jpg

I have here, my 87 Chrysler Conquest TSi with about 160k miles on the clock. Previously owned by Importwarrior (Rob)

Atlantic Blue exterior (B71)

Black Velour Cloth interior in excellent condition.

Body has some rust along the driver lower 1/4 panel dogleg in front of the rear wheel and some other minor areas

Passenger frame rail aught to be fixed up sometime, but I've seen worse on cars people have been dailying

Clearcoat is peeling on the "tops" of the car (hood,roof, spoiler)

I bought this car from Rob for a fair price, with stripped apart engine, wired for MPI, but no ECU, manifolds, head, etc, and no TBI harness in the car. I spent hours in junkyards finding parts to bring this car back to life, via TBI. Found another Atlantic Blue car in the junkyard, and took the TBI harness from it, and installed it into this car. It's all plugged in and ready to go!

It has a fully rebuilt engine by me

New freeze plugs/gaskets

Balance Shaft Elimination

Clearwater Non-Jet Valve Head - Brand New

Schneider HD springs/retainers

Schneider 284 hydraulic cam - Brand New

Centerforce clutch

Small 16g Turbo - JUST rebuilt by ragdoll_unlimited

Delphi Injectors - Brand new

*DM 3inch Exhaust with Wideband Bung

This car has a FULLY Documented Progress Thread with LOTS of PICTURES located here.

http://www.starquest...showtopic=78589

The engine was completely disassembled, degreased, pressure-washed out, oil squirters were cleaned, checked for proper operation

The engine has not been ran yet, it needs a fuel tank and a few wiring loose ends tidied up.

The following parts were installed to the car by me:

Emergency Brake cables - Brand New

Alternator - Brand New

Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Swaybars

Suspension Techniques Lowering Springs

S&M Strut Tower Bars

3SX Performance SS Braided Brake Lines - Brand New

Star-Orion SS Braided Clutch Line - Brand New

Rear Brake Calipers - Brand New

Axxis Rear Brake Pads - Brand New

Brake Rotors - Brand New

ABS Eliminated

Brakes are bled and ready to go.

All this car needs to run, is a fuel tank, and a couple wiring loose ends finished up.

I'd hate to take anything less then $1800 for the car....I've got that much in it, in new engine parts but throw me some offers....it doesn't hurt to ask. I might say yes....and wouldn't that make you happy? :)

When you say "fully rebuilt" you might want to say if it was bored and what pistons were used. Just a thought. If the original pistons are in it 160k is a lot of miles. It's worth it any way with all of the stuff it has. I have over 1800 just in my engine. Some people don't understand just how much it takes to get these cars back into shape and want a bar of gold for a dollar. Edited by marso

When you say "fully rebuilt" you might want to say if it was bored and what pistons were used. Just a thought. If the original pistons are in it 160k is a lot of miles. It's worth it any way with all of the stuff it has. I have over 1800 just in my engine. Some people don't understand just how much it takes to get these cars back into shape and want a bar of gold for a dollar.

I didn't get into details when I said fully rebuilt, because I didn't go nuts on the engine. Everything was stock. I reused the original pistons, they were in great shape. New rings installed/Ring gap was checked/proved within specs. All new gaskets, all new bearings, crank has been polished.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently, your inbox is full...could you please give me a call to discuss my offer?

If I don't pick up please leave me your name a number and I will call you asap! I'm figuring $2000 would be a fair price for you...call me please.

570 352 5002

Thank you,

Joe

Edited by vengeance484