fuel pump loud

apedog

ok so i havent really been bothered by it but it DEFF noticeable. Usually it sound like what i call the inside of an airplane noise.Now its so loud that you actually have to raise your voice a little to talk to people in the car.

Question is, is my fuel pump going out?

Thanks

ps NOT a stock fuel pump i think its a bosch or wahlboro? idk the guy i bought it from said its not stock

Edited by apedog

Well, does it sound like its working overtime or a bad bearing?

Eitherway, looks like you will be dropping the tank, inspecting both filters.

I say get a new high flow fuel filter, replace that, install a fuel gauge if you dont have one yet, empty the tank, drop it, inspect the intank filter, replace it eitherway, check for sludge and rust, inspect the fuel pump, do a flow test, replace it if necessary, blow some oven cleaner in the fuel line, blow it out with compressed air. a good days of work.

check the pump if it's a masters E2315 they do make a heck of a lot of noise

sp bad i have a new one never use'd seting on the shelf

my personal opinion is bosh is the best pump you can buy and quiet

but thats just me , mine could run 80 psi 24/7 and hardly hear it

Well, does it sound like its working overtime or a bad bearing?

Eitherway, looks like you will be dropping the tank, inspecting both filters.

I say get a new high flow fuel filter, replace that, install a fuel gauge if you dont have one yet, empty the tank, drop it, inspect the intank filter, replace it eitherway, check for sludge and rust, inspect the fuel pump, do a flow test, replace it if necessary, blow some oven cleaner in the fuel line, blow it out with compressed air. a good days of work.

It starts to sound like it working overtime after about 5 minutes of running.The car did sit for 3 years so I guess it was bound for something to get stuck in something ;)

restrict'd fuel to the pump will make a changes whine up and down as the pump recives fuel,this is cause'd by cavatition , fuel, no fuel , fuel etc , a pump under heavy load will have a steady high pitch'd whine

check the intank and pump supply filters and lines,, to check for a worn out pump , replace the main filter up frt,, cut the old one apart and look for metal shaveings

have no clue why only half that reply post'd but here goes again

when the fuel is below 1/2 a tank all fuel has to enter the splash bowel thru this intake pipe,,

if the car runs fine with a full tank but don't when under 1/2 a tank of fuel this could be the problem trash in the metal intake pipe

http://26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10009/fuel_tank_baffles.jpg

restrict'd fuel to the pump will make a changes whine up and down as the pump recives fuel,this is cause'd by cavatition , fuel, no fuel , fuel etc , a pump under heavy load will have a steady high pitch'd whine

check the intank and pump supply filters and lines,, to check for a worn out pump , replace the main filter up frt,, cut the old one apart and look for metal shaveings

thats exactly what it does

and Shelby which one is the intake pipe I have never seen the inside of the gas tank

I put this stuff called Chem 12 (its like sea foam) in the gas tank and it must of cleared whatever was blocking what because its back to normal sounding. Edited by apedog

The car had only been driven about 700 miles in the last 6 or 7 years, and a lot of the time I had it, it sat with only a couple gallons of fuel in it. Tank should probably be dropped and fully cleaned out.

Brett