4500 rpm problem

Samquest

What could cause the car to not be able to pass 4500 rpms. I got the fuel pump issue out of the way now she starts and she is sending fuel. But she wont pass 4500 she starts missing and I want to get that issue out of the way. I have new injectors but could that be the problem. I cant figure out why she is doing that. I think that the secondary is not running right. But has anyone had this problem before. PLease help.

I havent checked the fuel pressure yet. But what I found out is that the dizzy is from a caravan will that cause a problem or are they the same. How could you check the advance and spring in the distributor. Or in sence is how could you tell if they are bad and another thing could it be rebuilt or repaired.

My 86 does this as well but only when im in 4th or 5th gear. The car will boost fine in every other gear but when it gets to about 3500 in 4th or 5th gear it will cut out and feels like shes not accelerating anymore. I have replaced vacuum advance, dizzy, plugs/wires, fuel pump, and a new battery. I hope this problem gets solved so i can try your solution.