Am I on the right track?

AzStar

I'd like to run some things by the assembled StarQuest Gods and see if I am on the right track as far as resolution.

My 89 Fiji Automatic.

Symptom- When I start the car and it is cold (as cold as 78-85* AZ summer morning can be) the car "chugs" and idles poorly. It will remain running but barely. There is no type of elevated idle. Problem is much less severe as the car warms up.

Remedy- do diagnostic work focused on the ISC? Would the Vac timing have any effect on this? I've already checked timing and it is 10* BTDC.

Symptom- From a stand still the car accelerates very poorly until about 2k RPM and then it pulls very well.

Remedy- Vac timing?

Symptom- At cruising speed, light throttle or constant throttle car seems to stutter or have slight hesitation on and off. Most prevalent under 2k RPM but exists in higher RPMs as well. Under accelration this is not noticeable, just at a constant or very nearly constant throttle.

Remedy- do diagnostic work on the TPS?

So... with the issues I have here... am I on the right track with what I am going to focus on?

Also, asked in the Auto Trans forum, what is the normal operation of the auto trans? Under full throttle the auto will upshift to the next gear at 4k RPM. Also running in 3rd Gear (OD OFF) at 45mph if I go full throttle the car will accelerate but there is no "kick down" passing gear action. Is this normal?

Finally, can some one steer me toward a list of or diagram for the major ground points on the Quest? I thought I saw some where there were seven of them? I'd like to get to them this weekend and clean them all before I start really digging on the other issues. I'm not in the position to change out the fuse links until payday so hopefully there is no issues there.

Thanks in advance,