bumper and bumper support

gt40dude

i took apart a bumper assembly i got and the metal support is pretty much just rust. so ill probably need that and maybe a front bumper cover. shipped to 24171. The bumper support needs to be in really good condition. i would like pics if possible.

thanks,

ben

Most bumper supports are rusty in the center because the foam holds water against it whether you are in the north or south. THe geographical location only determines the severity of the rust. I have a spotlessly rust free southern car with a rusty bumper support. (it's bent and I need a new one also)

The best thing to do is find one with no penetrating rust holes and grind the rust completely off. Then either cut/patch/weld it with new metal or treat it with POR15 and reassemble. It's hidden anyway.

Rust free ones are out there, but anyone who knows these cars will ask a small fortune for it based on their rarity.

Most bumper supports are rusty in the center because the foam holds water against it whether you are in the north or south. THe geographical location only determines the severity of the rust. I have a spotlessly rust free southern car with a rusty bumper support. (it's bent and I need a new one also)

The best thing to do is find one with no penetrating rust holes and grind the rust completely off. Then either cut/patch/weld it with new metal or treat it with POR15 and reassemble. It's hidden anyway.

Rust free ones are out there, but anyone who knows these cars will ask a small fortune for it based on their rarity.

mine is a lil more rusty than i would like to repair. i planned to take it apart and treat it with some SEM rust shield but it turned out to have more rust than i thought. it even has a rust crack in the back of it. i might just have to patch it the best i can and live with it since no one seems to have anything.