I'm sure this is a re-post, but...

Melling oil pumps are one of the best. I work with some product analyst engineers and the failure rate on Melling is less that .0001%. BTW Melling have not made a turbo oil pump for the Mitsu 2.6L engine in more than 15 years.

i have boght 3 melling pumps in the past for rebuilds and they all failed with in 1000 miles well 2 was my rebuilds and 1 was a friends and i warned him but he didnt listen

Melling oil pumps are one of the best. I work with some product analyst engineers and the failure rate on Melling is less that .0001%. BTW Melling have not made a turbo oil pump for the Mitsu 2.6L engine in more than 15 years.

Wonder why they are listing this part if they don't make the pump anymore? it's probably one of those things where they list it but can't get it anymore. I'm going to call today just to see what they have.

The part number is M122. Thats the non turbo pump. Always go by the part numbers.

This is why you dont let your local machine shop order your parts. Because this is what you will get.

Here is the the discription:

M122 Melling stock replacement oil pump to fit 76-79 Dodge Colt with the Mitsubishi 2.0L G52B engine.Also fits 78-87 Mitsubishi 2.6L G54B engine in Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler cars and minivans. This pump is also found in the 83-89 Mitsubishi Starion (non-turbo), Montero and Trucks with 2.6L G54B engine.

"83-89 Starion non-turbo"??? lol

M122 Melling stock replacement oil pump to fit 76-79 Dodge Colt with the Mitsubishi 2.0L G52B engine.Also fits 78-87 Mitsubishi 2.6L G54B engine in Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler cars and minivans. This pump is also found in the 83-89 Mitsubishi Starion (non-turbo), Montero and Trucks with 2.6L G54B engine.

"83-89 Starion non-turbo"??? lol

I contacted O'Reilly a few years ago to tell them to correct there listing. I told them this is the oil pump for the non-turbo engines. I guess I should have explained more.

Pretty sure this description / application is from Melling. The parts stores just go by what the manufacturer says, not by what some guy on the phone tells them... even if that guy is correct.

Pretty sure this description / application is from Melling. The parts stores just go by what the manufacturer says, not by what some guy on the phone tells them... even if that guy is correct.

True. But I am one of their suppliers, and they called me on another issue when I told them.

Melling states it fits:

Chry, Dodg, Dodt, Mazd, Mits, Plym 122, 156, 158 (1976-89)