86 Widebody chassis w/ 4g63 swap parts (not assembled) in Wichita KS

AbsurdParadox

UPDATED 8/11/09: Individual prices set!

Long story short, about 4 years ago I bought a black 86 Widebody, a galant VR4 JDM frontclip, and a W55 transmission (could be a W54? I can go find a model number on it if neccesary) with a bellhousing modified to fit a 4g63, and never did a damn thing with any of it, LOL. Too busy, ran out of money for a while, and then lost interest, even after doing better financially.

The car:

As mentioned, its an 86 widebody conquest. It does have a salvage title (no major damage visible). According to the cluster that was in it, the chassis had 86k on it (which as been removed since I was designing a custom gauge cluster with all aftermarket gauges -- original cluster comes with the car but not installed).

As for the body, it is decent. There is some hail damage, some peeling paint on the spoiler, some faded paint in common areas, a peeling spoiler, and is missing the air dam. Most of the paint itself is in great condition for the age of the car (its been under a cover for most of the last 4 years).

The interior is also in decent shape. Black leather interior -- front seats are pretty dry and hard, but the rears are still very soft. There are a few things missing here and there, but nothing major.

Price: $450

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The engine:

The 4g63 is from a '91 JDM Galant VR4 frontclip that I purchased from RSImports. It had roughly 40,000 miles and came with a start-up warranty at the time (long expired, lol). The longblock hasn't been separated or inspected, so I can't personally guarantee its quality. All accessories and components are available -- wiring harness, turbo (14b), cyclone manifold, power steering pump, alternator, etc etc etc. It will need a new valve cover however (cracked corner). This is a 6-bolt motor.

Price: $1200, longblock only (fully assembled head, bolted to block, with oilpan) - PM for accessories/components, etc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission:

I bought the transmission from a fellow in Florida... I believe he's a member here, but don't know his username. I bought the transmission sight-unseen due to its low price at the time, and I had a friend near him, who was coming my way. The custom bellhousing work looks a bit rough, but perhaps thats common on custom jobs like this -- I don't really know. No idea on the internals, but if the bell housing is good, W55's are a dime a dozen, I assume.

Price: $200 OBO. Willing to sell JUST the bell-housing, if you only want it, especially for shipping.

Gauges: Selling a full set of Autometer Carbonfiber Gauges - http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=95563

Everything is located in Wichita, KS. For pics, please go to: http://www.absurdparadox.com/forsale/conquest/

Prices do not include shipping.

Edited by AbsurdParadox

I had this as a running car before the head cracked. The frame is solid and a good roller. Drove real nice. This would make a cheap set-up for a swapped quest. had considered getting it back, but these deals always hit at the wrong time.

JR

Just FYI, I did the title work for this when JR owned it. The only reason for the salvage title is that the prevoius owner had a non-highway title on it to avoid paying insurance. When the new title came back, it was listed as salvage.

Jake

Looks like a real nice car. Doesn't look like it would take much, to even put back to stock with another 2.6, if the 2.0 project isn't quite your thing. Nice roller for sure. Too bad it isn't closer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...