Boost gone!!!

tg118

Hi guys... need some help... my quest was running fine , i was running about 16-17psi and all of a sudden it isnt making boost it will boost about 3 weak lbs and thats it, i changed boost controllers and waste gate troubleshooting....and stilll runs the same, the car runs fine on motor, but isnt making boost , the turbine is free and spinning , some play in the shaft, question when a turbo is bad wat are the signs?if it spins freely it should make boost correct? i sparayed start fluid everywhere to check for leaks not even a bumble ,i dont wanna keep ripping it apart until i have some expert turbo advice, is there anything else i am not thinking about that would affect boost? i was runnning it about 17 or so and seemed like it was hittin the fuel cut-off about 19psi it would just choke under hard high boost, turned it down to 17 and it would do it here and there,almost like it was spiking , now i have nothing , is there anything in the turbo that could be screwed that could cause no-boost, remember it does dpin freely thanks

my quest super 16g turbo, throttle body just rebuilt, new injector clips, new fuel pump bosch 350hp, non jet valve head, wiseco forged pistons arp everything mls head gasket, i built this thing for boost and now its killin me

any help appreciated

check all your vaccum lines. 1 small leak and boom!! no boost or boost cut to soon. I had a hole the size of a pin prick in mine so naturally i saw no leaks because it evaporated any coolant leaked from the heat but it was enough to cut my boost down to only 5 psi from my regular 13. check them all especially the metal ones and tighten all your connections again. then start suspecting your turbo. start cheap then go big, or sell it.

Did you check your wastegate actuator for freedom of movement?

Confirm the diaphragm isn't blown.

I had a Chrysler 2.2T-2 bust a diaphragm, it stayed open even when the arm acted on it.