cruise control

jefflil

Lots of folks have removed it for one reason or another. Undo the gold actuator and the vac hose going to it; follow that hose to the "T" The cruise cable, at the gold actuator, can be removed without cutting or mangling the cable: see the small black plastic in the "opening" of the gold actuator? Unsnap the two halves of that plastic and you'll see how the cable easily detaches from the actuator. Now you can gracefully pull the cable through the dash and disconnect it from the top of the throttle pedal.

Back to the vac hoses: one side of that "T" runs to the vacuum pump at the front of the car - remove the hose and the pump.

The other side of the "T" goes towards the windshield wiper motor and eventually to a white check valve (it looks like a small plastic hose coupler) and then to another "T". Remove the check valve and the short hose to that final "T"; cap the "T" You'll see that hose also goes to a small sensor mounted next to the wiper motor... you can remove that sensor (it has a small "air filter" on its top) and the relay next to it. They just turn the vacuum pump ON/OFF during engine boost conditions.

The cruise computer is screwed to the trunk floor (those brown metal panels underneath the carpet). I forget which side - I think driver's side though. Later model StarQuest cruise computers have a "speed control" sticker on them.

Why do folks always want to remove this? It's so easy to fix most of the time...

mike c.

for give me but wanting to hide some thing like a cruise actuator control is

beyond my understanding,, why not the ugly parking brake lever of the in your way steering wheel

nothing more relaxing then a good working cruise control on a trip , leaves you to pay attention to more important things like other idoits on the high way

for give me but wanting to hide some thing like a cruise actuator control is

beyond my understanding,, why not the ugly parking brake lever of the in your way steering wheel

nothing more relaxing then a good working cruise control on a trip , leaves you to pay attention to more important things like other idoits on the high way

Some guys like their engine bay clean, and all motor.

-Robert