Seat problem, sloppy and moves

deez

Okay, its been pissing rain so I am working out the bugs on the 88 I just got. Which I think I am going to sell when I get all the bugs out, so check out my profile for the red one and let me know if you are interested. Anyhow, the drivers side seat has some fore and aft movement when sitting in it. I just pulled the seat and it appears the locking pin with the spring on it is worn, which is allowing for a bit of slop. Anyone ever done a fix on this? It appears to have slop where it fits into the rail as well as the guide portion of it. Thanks

Loosen up the 4 bolts that fasten the two rails to the floor. Reposition the seat so that the seat isn't sideways and binds the tracks so that when you adjust the seat forward-backward that tab on the inside with be lined up with the slot to lock both sides of the seat. If you still can't get it lined up you may have to pull the seat out and loosen the tracks on the seat but you should be able to get it by the bolts on the floor. Someone must have put in some of the bolts and tightened them then couldn't get in the last bolt and pushed the slider over and has the bolt holding the sliders in a shape that isn't square and that will seat out the lock tabs or if that were a bench seat it wouldn't lock on the opposite side unless it was one notch off.

It actually was in there correctly. As I look at it more, the holes in the tracks that the pin fits into is worn. So I need to find a tan drivers inside track I guess. PM me if you have the part.