255lph Walbro fuel pump

you guys a freekin nuts

Kr0nus

thankyou thats what im trying to say

ITS NOT A 392 OR WHATEVER

I HAVE A PUMP FROM NAPA (WHO SELLS WALBRO)

I NEVER SAID I HAD A WALBRO 255 (of any sort)

I HAVE A TFP2P70199 AND I PAID $50 FOR IT

THE TFP2P70199 FLOWS 352lph

does anyone read posts before posting replys??????????

Ok I must have read your post a l;ittle wrong, for that I am sorry.  I just want to get the point across that people are getting different results from Napa.  Also that pump you have is a lower pressure FP.  The one you got is 95 PSI, the GSL 392 is closer to 155 PSI.

Well if you are demanding a lot of fuel and you have a low pressure FP you might run lean .  The pressure in the hose will go down there for all the fuel needed might not get to your injectors.  Am I making sense?  Also when they say the GPH is 68-93 that sends a red flag up for me.  That's a big a** variance.  I'm thinking that it depends on voltages.  A flow graph would be nice for that FP, but I don't think they have one.  I know that at 12 volts I'm going to get at minimun 75 GPH with a Walbro and at 13.5 volts I will get at least 85 GPH.  And the fact that the Walbro FP are used in a lot of drag cars is always nice to know also.

But hey, if your FP is working for you then more power to you.  It all comes down to what you want, and there isn't enough information out there on the FP that you have for me.

when was the last time you had fuel line pressure over 95psi?

better yet when was the last time you checked fuel line pressure?

and like i said before "walbro supplies pumps to napa. that's what most of there replacement pumps are "

now why don't you think our pump is that well known for having good #'s ?..... maybe its because most cars use in tank pumps and no one has any use for knowing the specs for a 20 year old inline pump

and yes lots of racers use walbro pumps but i hate to tell you but lots of racers don't know what the hell they are doing. ive helped build a few cars for comp 4 and i know a load of guys that are building cars for all other sorts of classes and Dood... they buy what they know  and what they see in summit  and what they see everyone else running. but this doesn't mean that because no one talks a stock pump its not  GREAT.  now im not saying all racers are wackoffs not by far especially the ones who have made a name for themselves and obviously not the ones with  3million dollar teams. im just saying its easier to get what you know works than to do the research

when was the last time you had fuel line pressure over 95psi?

better yet when was the last time you checked fuel line pressure?

and like i said before "walbro supplies pumps to napa. that's what most of there replacement pumps are "

now why don't you think our pump is that well known for having good #'s ?..... maybe its because most cars use in tank pumps and no one has any use for knowing the specs for a 20 year old inline pump

and yes lots of racers use walbro pumps but i hate to tell you but lots of racers don't know what the hell they are doing. ive helped build a few cars for comp 4 and i know a load of guys that are building cars for all other sorts of classes and Dood... they buy what they know  and what they see in summit  and what they see everyone else running. but this doesn't mean that because no one talks a stock pump its not  GREAT.  now im not saying all racers are wackoffs not by far especially the ones who have made a name for themselves and obviously not the ones with  3million dollar teams. im just saying its easier to get what you know works than to do the research

Are you taking this personally or something man?  I was not trying to insult you.  

I don't know why you are trying to talk down to me like I am some kind of dumb a**.  I have not checked my fuel pressure, no.  I did check and make sure that it was pumping because I had problems with mine.  I hooked it up to a bucket of water and turned the pump on and it started pumping really fast.  No, I didn't measure it but I didn't really need to.  I think I got a defective one and I sent it back and I'm waiting on its return.  It started stuttering on and off after a while.  It worked for a while and it worked great.  

Since we are on the subject when have you tested the stock FP pressure?  You said you wanted to know.  Why don't you test it and find out and share so we can all know.  You never know we could all be wrong by replacing them, but I doubt it.

And the whole comment about racers is fine if that is your experience.  All I know is that if you have a sub 11 second car you are doing something right.

hey look im sorry, i was being a bit condescending

and no i haven't checked it against what they say first hand

but... like i said before

when i worked at napa and i looked it up. i also looked up pumps for just about everything under the sun ( supra, 300zx, some older porsches and even a bunch of pickup trucks! ) and they all had the same specs as shown everywhere online.  so why would they lie about our pump?

that's all i guess

till i get off my a** and drop my tank back down, ill never know. because it seams like no one does

• 2 weeks later...
And the whole comment about racers is fine if that is your experience.  All I know is that if you have a sub 11 second car you are doing something right.

And that thing is called... spending more $$ than they have to. :-D  And spending 20min on the subject instead of a week or 2.. time is money... so they do come out ahead.  I'm personally interested in doing this kind of research just for the fun of exploration.  Same reason I'm using a Cummin's turbo and not an off the shelf Garrett... or a B2600 / RX7 tranny and not a SQ or Buschur.... or a 2.4L D50 block and not a 2.0.  Makes it more fun than just spending money.

"Its not the destination, its the journey"

You also cannot test the flow of a pump by sticking it in a bucket and seeing how much fuel comes out for a given amoutn of time... it needs to opperate under pressure to simulate real usage.  And DONT test with water.  That will cause a pump to fail VERY quickly... its a fuel pump, not a water pump and there are differences.

I'm dropping 2 tanks next week and I have 2 DSM pumps, some 255lph Walbros at the shop and a few others to chart for comparison as my testing procedures will most likely vary compared to whoever else is testing.

And I cant imagine ever going over 75psi in the fuel line.  That's static of 45psi which is high plus 30psi of boost... and a stock FPR probably wont even keep increasing fuel pressure beyond a certain point.  Work in a good deal of pressure drop in the line (does that even happen) and you're probably still under 95psi.

I'll do my tests.  Probably going to do 2 stock pumps in parallel.  Limp home mode basically.. not that the car will be driven on the street.  Plus I want 2 or more pickup points in the tank becuase I might be holding over 1G for extended amounts of time WOT, full boost at high rpm.

O hey man the test I did for the water wasn't to test the exact flow rates, I was trying to troubleshoot the pump because it stopped working properly.  I just wanted to make sure it was even pumping.  What would you reccomend using instead of water to test the FP?  I wasn't about to use fuel.  You must use some other type liquid to test.  A pretty realiabe source to me to test with water.

I don't know why you guys are arguing ? My first post has the correct part number for the Walbro GSL392 = P72131 which is both an Oreilly and Napa part number . It's for an Audi

86' 5000CS with turbo . Both retailers have them marked over 200.00 but they do have a lifetime warranty... Not trying to step on anyone here.... The pic's don't always match the product

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...mgrpid=68718210

http://www.oreillyauto.com/B2C/conditionse...p;description=+

The P70199 is only a poor replacement for the stock pump .

http://www.oreillyauto.com/B2C/conditionse...p;description=+

I personally would buy one off the net if your not worried about the warranty or pay the extra for the warranty or those of you with creative minds can see a way around this . Since wrong info is often entered in the customer data bases or parts are returned by a girl friend or other and returned or warrantied under their names.....

It happens all of the time. I paid 149.00 for mine since I get a discount with a lifetime warranty....

Peace Geo

Once again that is not a GSL 392.  Not only is it the wrong picture, but the flow rates are off in the description.  A true GSL 392 flow 75-85 GPH not 56.  The price is also super high for something that flows that low.  Don't take it personally man, but it is not the right one.

This is a flow chart of a GSL 392.

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/pics/gsl392.jpg

I'm not taking it personal , go and order one and you will see what I'm talking about . I posted the pics are wrong and so is the info and the prices are way high . But it is a walbro GSL392 . I'm just stating the facts . If you don't believe me go and look at one or don't . I'm just on this board to help out and give free info . The rest is up to you...

Well just think about it.  Why would someone pay about $100 more for what might be a GSL 392?  I just find it hard to believe that a autoparts maker would show the wrong picture and the wrong description for a product.

Have you ever bought a suspension or bearing or a seal that had a different brand inside?

Moog often buys mitsu parts,National and BCA buy koyo . You would be surprised at how many companies do this not just auto parts .Mrs. Bairds bread for instance has more than twenty labels it uses ex: HEB, Town Talk, Food Lion etc.. But it's still came out of the same plant..  Hyundai and Toyota share a compact car ,Mitsu and Chrysler, Ford and Mazda the list goes on and on..