CARBON INTAKE MANIFOLD

jerastan

gees o pete, just build the thing.....i like the option of having a design wehere you could run TBI and MPI...however that would prolly take more time to build...i say build something like chad did....that coupled with a low price, and i think you will have a winner....ok we need to narrow this down so this guy can start work on this thing...i say lets have a vote on the front page, give it a week and which ever otion has the highest number of votes will be the one built...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, no offense meant to anyone but this thread has been feeling more-and-more as if it were contributed to by the People's Front of Judea...   ;) ;) ;) ;)

Personally, I'm going MPI whether it be a carbon intake or not.  There's only so much power to be made with old TBI technology and two injectors...

-Rob

Yeah, no offense meant to anyone but this thread has been feeling more-and-more as if it were contributed to by the People's Front of Judea...   ;) ;) ;) ;)

Personally, I'm going MPI whether it be a carbon intake or not.  There's only so much power to be made with old TBI technology and two injectors...

-Rob

Yeah, 400hp isn't much... (if you just add a couple of injectors)

http://www.fr33z3.net/starions/Delorian02.jpg

http://austarion.ipspace.com/phpbb/viewtop...asc&start=0

Well as I said.... "There's only so much power to be made with 2 injectors...  Pretty straight-forward.  ;D

-Rob

Don't be that way you mentioned TBI in that original quote too.

There's only so much power to be made with old TBI technology and two injectors...

Symmetrical intake designs distribute the fuel better between the cylinders than asymmetrical designs.

This points at the same problem that the TBI w/ two injectors has..and not the main reason whether the design of the plenum but the location of the injectors .

It is not a question of  the Starquest fuel Volume but the location for optimum delivery

Yes the stock intake is restrictive, but upsize the intake pipe.... well I think you get the idea.

Like you said,... pretty straight forward.

• 2 months later...

There is plenty of power to be made with only 2 injectors, i think our biggest bottle neck would be the 8 valve head. i dont care what any one says the jet valve isn't the valve count unless you need to lean your Stuff out. I mean mpi, tbi, even freaking carburation there is ways to get around all of that nut if the head is only flowing so much air in and out it will sorta put a bottle neck on things. Think why the hell else would a honda get more hp then us.

*edit* obviously not stock, i need any pissed off people flameing me :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I designed a carbon fiber intake for the conquest about a year ago , i even made a prototype mold , but the thing is my friend at the same time designed a composite (kevlar) intake for sprint cars that he now sales , was going to be carbon fiber but the rules were changed and carbon fiber was banned , anyhow he dyno tested it and even that it didn't transfer as much heat to the incoming air as aluminum intakes really the only gain was weight savings, which is critical for sprint cars and indy cars , but for street cars a weight savings of about 3 pounds is not worth the money that a carbon fiber intake would cost