My engine swap will begin now.. 2.4L DOHC

ZPI28

OK I found a transmission that will work with my engine swap. Im not sure how well it will hold up to the power but Ill give it a try.

Im going with a  A853 Engine(srt4) 2.4L DOHC Turbo motor. The tranny for a RWD is out of a 2.4L Jeep Liberty. Im sure there is going to be lots of fabrication involved. Hopefully I can GIT R DONE before PF05.   Wish me luck and Ill take lots of pictures along with documenting what I do.

I already have a buyer for the engine in my car which will cover the cost of the tranny.

Steven

Very cool, I thought about doing the same swap, but I didn't want to do it to my car.

I think it's a good platform to work with, seeing there are alot of parts for these already.

Shawn

So far today the cheapest I have found a NV1500 5spd is $850 :o Man I need to get one closer to $500 then I can get it. Ill have a little more work going with the 5spd since my car is an Auto now.

Also the NV1500 tranny has the following gear ratios..

1st   3.85

2nd   2.25

3rd     1.48

4th      1.00

5th         .80

Man this thing is going to have a hella first gear. Especially if I put in the 3.90s..

;D

Steven

I need the clutch master cylinder Im sure of. I have the clutch assembly on my 87 parts car. As far as the slave cylinder Ill have to see what the NV1500 has on it.

Steven

Guest silverngray

Flywheel has two parts to it. The same type is used in the focus. Try looking at some focus sites. There is more than likely some pics of it to give you a better idea of what it is. As far as I know its to cut down on vibration and not really suited for performance use.

Rico

I wonder if the clutch can be swapped out for a modular style setup? Ill have to give clutchmasters a call and see what they say.

Superstario yes I have the car for sale under the forums, I have a buyer for the engine so I am going to keep the car and sell the drivetrain.

Steven