4G63 Drag Racer photos

The car looks great.  Any idea when you will debut it?   The guys that bought Eric's old car (www.horsepowerhouse.com) are going to be in Atco NJ next weekend. I'm going to try to make it up there as well.  

You site has a lot of great info on it.   I really enjoyed looking at all the pics and reading you comments on the progress.  Keep up the good work and good luck.

-Kris

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys!  Half the fun of a project like this is sharing it with fellow car nuts.

To answer some questions, I used an entire engine and chassis wiring harness from a 1992 DSM.  As for fuel management I am using the stock 1992 Eprom ECU with a TMO 9000rpm limit chip, a HKS VPC and the Super AFC for good measure.  The AFC is actually zeroed out right now, so it's just along for the ride until it's needed.  The car is truly a kitten to drive.  It runs very smooth and is quite responsive.  The WOT 1-2 shift isn't so bad either.  ;D

The intake manifold is stock DSM with the factory throttle body flange location blocked off and relocated to the opposite end.  If you weld, or know someone who does, this is a simple piece to make.

Gail and I will be testing the car locally this weekend to get some baseline runs.  The car is currentlyrunning low boost and has a very conservative tune, so I'm not expecting anything crazy for now.  We'll work to make it progressively faster through the season.  If all goes well, we'll be racing in Maryland next week at the NOPI event.  I think we may take the car to pigeon forge get together also.  No racing there though  ;)

• 1 month later...
holy shizam!!!! another hot starion site i didnt know about, and another site to put on my favorite. now i can see how much bigger our 2.6 is vs that 2.0. there is alot more room to work with on that. (then again he took out all the useless parts he didnt need)