My BPV setup

I rigged this up today and I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Many of you probably have the parts to rig something like this up, so I figured I'd share my set up to get some ideas out there.

http://snipurl.com/5cr9

http://snipurl.com/5cra

http://snipurl.com/1wql

Parts I used:

*DM AHP

1G accordian pipe, air can lid, MAS, and K&N filter

2' of 1.25" flexible tubing ($4.65 @ Lowes)

2" of 2.5" dia. exhaust pipe.

Blitz BOV

PVC electrical thingamajigger

Larger washer

various heater/fuel lines

a few hose clamps

The main modification I did was I relocated a check valve(?) that is hung off of the charcoal canister. I added a piece of hose to move that valve and then broke the bracket that it was attached to(it's just spot welded in place). With that bracket out of the way and a little bending of the horn there is just enough room down next to the charcoal canister (where there is a nice big hole for cold air!) to squeeze the K&N filer/1G MAS assembly. I then stuck the *DM AHP into the 1G air can lid (it just barely fits). Now you've got some space between the turbo and the *DM AHP. To fill that space (and get a spot to run a bypass valve hose) I cut the 1G accordian pipe at the 3rd "rib". I then stuck the piece of exhaust tubing inbetween and clamped them together.

On the other side I had a Blitz BOV. I removed the "horn" and rigged up spot to mount some hose using a piece of PVC I found in the electrical section of Lowes (it looks like a top hat) and a large washer. I located the BOV closer to the engine and spun it so that it was under the OVC hose. I then ran a 2ft. long piece of clear tubing from the BOV to the section of 1G accordian pipe.

There are still 2 issues I need to address. One is that I still need to replace/ relocate a few of the lines (the breather line coming from the valve cover was completely rigged!  :-/ ). The other is the clear tubing. I have a feeling it's going to melt before too long. Most of it is routed away from the turbo, but the section coming out of the 1G accoridan pipe is going to get roasted. So, to be safe I may have to look for something a little more heat resistant.

Sweet very nice! well how does it perform :) I bet your going to love the extra kick the Bypass setup will give you will never want to go back to the blow off setup agine :)

good work, i have bypassed like that also, using the stock accordian hose cut in half with a copper T pipe in the middle of it.  bov in the same location i used some spare hose to route the discharge back in.  i swear buy this set up, you can feel the differace.   only downside i found was having to take it apart from time to time to clean the filter and what not, but well worth it.

I took it for a fairly hard run this morning and I can definitely feel and hear a difference. You can hear the bypassed air forcing air through the turbo to keep it spooled, it sounds just like my friend's 1G DSM. My boost is still set to stock levels so the butt dyno didn't feel a huge gain. If I were on a drag strip I'd probably feel it more. The biggest gains will come once I swap on the bigger turbo.