UPGRADED OIL COOLER

melayanton

HERES MY OIL COOLER UPGRADE USING A FORD TAURUS SHO OIL COOLER. THIS PART WORKS AND FITS GREAT, IT ALMOST COULDNT BE BETTER. AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE PICTURES IT MEASURES TWICE THE SIZE OF THE FACTORY STARQUEST OIL COOLER. ITS MADE OF ALL ALUMINUM AND WITH A LITTLE MODIFICATION TO THE SHO OC BRACKET IT FITS PERFECT. THE FACTORY OC LINES ARE CUT ABOUT 6 INCHES FROM WHERE THEY COME THROUGH THE RADIATOR SUPPORT AND I RAN SOME HIGH QUALITY NAPA OIL LINE SINCE THE COOLER INLETS ARE ON OPPOSITE SIDES OFF EACH OTHER. IF ANYONE WANTS MORE INFO LET ME KNOW, ILL BE HAPPY TO HELP OUT. OH YEAH MY INTERCOOLER PIPING IS MODDED SO IT DOESNT GO ACROSS THE FRONT AND OVER THE VALVE COVER SO YOU MUST DO THIS OR ELSE THE CROSSOVER IC PIPE WILL PROBABLY INTERFERE. http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/melayanton

Well put it this way, I lve in SOCAL. Its still over 90 degrees here. You know when you run your car in some medium traffic, try touching the oil cooler right after running it. Its hot all the way across. After i installed this you can actually touch the cold end of the cooler and not get burnt. The difference is like night and day! BTW anyone interested I got another cooler exactly like it and Ill mod it like I did mine to make it easier to install. Youll just need to buy some oil line and some clamps.