Bov Problems.

pwned

ok.

bought a SsQ-BOV, place it on the turbo to intercooler pipe.

and connected it up to the bottom of the throttlebody as i was told to do. but does not work...

so i changed the connection and put a T brace in where i have my boost gauge hooked up to, the bov works, but no sequential sound and the car struggles to run!

it blows out black smoke patches at times but once i get into higher revs it stops untill i have to change gears again etc.

sorry i would put pictures in but do not know how to upload as of yet.

im going to get the shop to look at it when they give my car a tune. to the best of my knowledge i have no vacume blocks or leaks, but will have to do a more fine toothed check to be 100%

Any ideas as to what it might be? i was thinking the wrong type of bov, but as i said it works in certain spots of the throttle body. and got it to have a ssq sound some how but it was really quiet

sorry if some of the terminologys are incorrect, im new to the car thing. :)

sorry for the bad grama as well.

Regards, Tim < Pwned >

ah yeah im pretty sure.

Mates and i checked if it was drawing/blowing air out of it and to the best of my knowledge there was air coming out.

my car is the flatbody 2L 4g63 model, do i need a certain type of bov or should all types work?

was reading today that some bovs vent it out and some vent out and also vent back in.

Gary, I could barely understand that post, lol. In fact, some parts are still a mystery to me.

pwned - if the blow off valve is leaking in or out, it will cause problems. Make sure it closes at idle. If it's already open, it won't make the sound you are looking for, and the car will run very rich - creating black smoke like you describe.

It just sounds like it's being held open somehow. If there is an adjustment screw on it, you should tighten it incrementally until the leak is fixed.

The knock off ones should not leak, but they do often. Thats what is causing our issues. If it's not sealing it;s a vac leak and a boostats why your ha leak. Thving your problems.

"what the &%$% happened there" I don't even understand that post. Looks like dang laptop touch screen got me again. If I brush up against it it makes my sentences go crazy. Sorry

Tech, you are correct and thats what my post was supposed to say.