3rd injector installation

marksweet

• 3 weeks later...

Try a search for "Hobbs"  thats the name of the "switch" needed to activate the Cold start injector.

the process is pretty easy, locate a late model Volvo with a "Cold start" injector, use that and put a bung at the top of your OVC pipe right next to the TB, then wire the CSI to a "Hobbs Switch" (pressure activated switch), I run mine to activate at 7 psi and continue to pulse when the boost stays above 7 psi, if i drop below the set pressure limit then the hobbs turns flow off and the CSI shuts off .  

I found the plans searching this site and google, it takes a little fiddle'n to get it working but it really helps =-)

Yellow_quest

What do you estimate your total cost was and do you know the size of you third injector? I have trouble supplying fuel at higher boost levels without running rich at lower levels with the RRFPR. The third injector sounds like a way to correct the problem. Like having it come in at 13-15psi boost ( of coarse I would need to determine the correct fuel pressure to activate ) as I run 18-20 psi boost. Thanks

As for performance gain, i cant really say....its strong, runs like a striped a** ape, cant keep a stock clutch on it for s**t, so yeah its got more power.

Look for any Cold Start Injector....thats the key, just start asking for them then find out whats around you, they are pretty cheap so you can play with the sizes, mine is about 650 CC max pressure is 61 psi, only sees about 53-55 in my set-up....

Dunno about water ijection, but it may work....

Total cost, well under 100 bucks...hell maybe under 80...

Yellow_quest

Thanks for the info Yellow..Quest. Could you tell me where to search for the switch? Is it found anywhere in this site or do I need to go on the web? I'm computer iliterate and can't find my way around. Is your CSI a new one? You know the max pressure is 61psi so it seems that it's new. My pressure goes above that so I would need one with the capability to withstand more. Your info is interesting and sounds like a great tuning aid and a way for me to crank my new 19c turbo up to 18psi and have the correct amount of fuel. Thanks for all your help!!! Mark

do a search on htttp://www.google.com for "Hobbs Switch"

The CSI i got is not new but close, my shop happens to be next to a saab/Volvo dealer and they get some wrecked cars in from insurance losses, I just asked the Svc manager dude for a Cold start injector and he provided a handy VERY unused injector and gave me the max pressure rate'n according to Volvo's service manny.

I paid 20 George Washingtins for it, not a bad investment. just do a little reasearch on the Cold Start Injectors and you'll find it.

Yellow_quest

"Happy boosting!"

• 3 weeks later...