MPI questions

Dustin

Okay, I've tried using the search function and for the life of me I can't get any results, so I'll ask here.

I'm wondering about how much it costs to swap a quest over to mpi (i have an 87 tsi)?

Also, how difficult of a task is it...what all does it require to do it?

Where would be a good place to look for an mpi setup? are they typically taken off other mitsu's, or is there a place that sells them?

Thanks for any responses. If there are some posts on this please just pm me one of them and you can delete this thread.

it's rather simple realy you can use a magna intake and have it mod'd to fit a rear wheel drv car or one of the other after market intakes,, the magna is the cheaper way to go by far,, they can be had for arround $500 ready to bolt on,, next you need a fuel ecu,, you can go mega squirt or FIP for arround $300, you can also start with 550 injs that you can pick up local from junk yards or u-pull its,, or buy new,, no real need to go the max at first , then you'l need some rework'd ic connectors and pipeing,, again you can be creative , you can go a big and bad as your money will alow or just get it runing and later go for the big numbers , you can leave the oem dist or use an ecu for the timeing up to you both will give good results

every one seems to think you have to get the bigest and badest stuff right off,,thats way off from the truth, the simple truth is injs, turbo's and the like can be change'd uprade'd in an hour or less,, then a simple remaping and your ready to roll

even on a full stock engine just converting to MPi is worth almost 75-100 hp

and i have seen it done for under $1000

with this conversion do you still use the factory ecu with the fuel ecu can you use the stock mas with this conversion for about 1300 dollars this sounds like a good investment do you have to get it dyno tuned or maybe get a wideband and play with fuel pressure injector pulse with and timming?? can anyone give me any contact info for the intake manifold????

with MPi you replace your factory ecu with an aftermarket one,,that you can tune or program your self,, it normaly comes with the harness

ecu's come with all kinds of bells and whisles you pick from the bare bones mega squirt to the most complicate'd units out there , $350 to $5000 , all will do the job ,and all can be later swap'd nothing is set in stone and nothing is for ever , you can mix and match any time you want if thats what you want,, you can get the car runing with

t he cheap ecu and then upgrade to a more expensive one and sell the starter ecu, any thing you want any way you want

you have a lot of options and any can be change'd later if you want , like you can keep the oem dist for now and later change to what ever you want or can afford

i got mine off a 99 f150 v6 , 65mm looks to be the same as the v8 one , basicly any of them will work,,65mm seems to be the middle ground for mpg and power and responce durring cruise,, too big makes them hard to tune for cruise

let me see if i have this right ford throttle body mounted onto the glen's magna manifold gm map sensor gm cts iat sensors grand national turbo what would i use for a maf or would the vehicle now be speed density what is needed to bolt up the grand national turbo.... i would really like to do this conversion so i am trying to get as much info as i can. also my car is an 1986 conquest ts1

oh yeah any reccomentdations for upgrading the fuel side to keep up with the air side

thanks for you help

not a turbo off a grand national the MAP sensor off one or any gm turbo car but every one knows about the gn cars so thats the easiest to ask for,, and you NO LONGER use any MASS you use the MAP sensor , and you do not use your oem injs,,you use 4 standard injs such as the turbo RX7 550cc injs basiclly any injs you want but 700 cc is way more then you'l ever use to 100%

very cool what power level might i be at with the stock turbo with this set up and what what turbo upgrade would you suggest. i dont need a race car already have one i just want a fun street car that might be on par with a srt8 charger also would 255liter intake pump be sufficient should i use a boost referenced fuel pressure regualtor with the megaaquirt

one thing and this is the part a lot of guys have a hard time with ,

and that is the power level depends on your fuel map and tuneing.

hp cost fuel and fuel costs money but this is the part that is so neat about going MPI

you can program for your target hp and also hav e a map for fuel mpg ready for that trip to a meet or what ever , to answer your hp question 225 -250 hp with the 12 a should not be a problem