i need a boost sensor and a tps

warthogtech

well when i got the car the boost gauge wasnt working. it will go to zero but thats it. it just stays there. so started reading up on the stuff and while looking through the engine bay i found the boost sensor vac nipple was broken off and no vac line hooked to it. so someone told me a way to try and fix it. take a nipple from another sensor not being used and epoxy it on. so i did that yesterday and still not working. i have a after market gauge to show boost but i'm afraid to drive it cuz i'm sure that without a proper boost reading from the sensor the motor is not running at it's peak performance and i don't want to damage the motor. as far as the tps. did a sweep test and it failed. thanks for the help!!!

Haha, I think that was me with the epoxy idea. You sure you didn't plug up the hole?? There are many "vac" ports on the intake, but the correct one for the boost sensor is one of the rear ones(closest to the firewall). Is the connector good on it??

Check out:

www.starquestgarage.com for the 86 service manual and troubleshooting procedures.

You will damage the engine by running it without the boost sensor, as the ECU will make it VERY rich. My rebuilt engine lasted 867 miles before all the gas in the oil killed it... bad times.

-Robert