electric problem interiors

jenny and edgar

nothing works inside the conquest electrical problem . the cluster , the seat bealts , when i turn the lights at night the air conditionig panel turs off too .

nothing works inside the conquest electrical problem . the cluster , the seat bealts , when i turn the lights at night the air conditionig panel turs off too .
Check for a fried fusible link.

The dimmer switch by your left knee is toast. That'll cure the lighting issues. Make sure you don't have anything else (aftermarket) wired into it's circuit. The seat belt could be a few different things. Turn on your wipers and see if the delay feature works. If not, it's probably your ETACS under the drivers seat. What year is your car? 87's had a recall on the Etacs.

The dimmer switch by your left knee is toast. That'll cure the lighting issues. Make sure you don't have anything else (aftermarket) wired into it's circuit. The seat belt could be a few different things. Turn on your wipers and see if the delay feature works. If not, it's probably your ETACS under the drivers seat. What year is your car? 87's had a recall on the Etacs.

my car is a 87' yes i have a problem whit my wipers too .. maybee is the computer etacs what can i do to see if is the computer after i go and look for another ....

my car is a 87' yes i have a problem whit my wipers too .. maybee is the computer etacs what can i do to see if is the computer after i go and look for another ....

and i forgot to say that the cluster works the gas the temp , the miles not the revolutions the voltage works but no lights in the cluster is a mess.. my car was under a tree for five years and i rescued her and had all the wires from the computer to the injectors all cut in to pieces and i change all the wires but everything inside the car is not working she runs very good but i am tired looking what is wrong inside of the car that is why i am looking for opinions to see if i can fix the problem . thank you very much

Do a little digging around the site here and you'll be able to find the upgraded part number for the better unit. Pull the seat and see what numbers you've got and compare. In addition to just failing, if the car has ever had the battery hooked up backwards, or jump started with the cables wrong, even for a moment, the ETACS is toast.

For your dash lights, ,,does your car have the original stereo in it? If you, or somebody else has hooked up an aftermarket deck they may have tapped into the wires for power. That's a big no-no. It puts too much draw on the dimmer feed and fries it.

Post up on the wanted forum for whatever you need. Somebody'll come through.

Do a little digging around the site here and you'll be able to find the upgraded part number for the better unit. Pull the seat and see what numbers you've got and compare. In addition to just failing, if the car has ever had the battery hooked up backwards, or jump started with the cables wrong, even for a moment, the ETACS is toast.

For your dash lights, ,,does your car have the original stereo in it? If you, or somebody else has hooked up an aftermarket deck they may have tapped into the wires for power. That's a big no-no. It puts too much draw on the dimmer feed and fries it.

Post up on the wanted forum for whatever you need. Somebody'll come through.

Hey V are you CERTAIN about that statement??? Cuss that could be the problem to my never ending switching on and off unexpectedly backfiring and not running right sometimes problem.. The terminals have touched eh once or twice in the past.. Didn't think nothing off it as I hooked it back up and seemed to work. My ETACS might be fried barely working right causing all kinds of unexpected problems..

start with the fuse links by the battery. It's most likely that you problem is there. If it's not then go for the complicated stuff. Mine was doing the same. The harness was fried, I ended up re wireing that whole section.

Hey V are you CERTAIN about that statement??? Cuss that could be the problem to my never ending switching on and off unexpectedly backfiring and not running right sometimes problem.. The terminals have touched eh once or twice in the past.. Didn't think nothing off it as I hooked it back up and seemed to work. My ETACS might be fried barely working right causing all kinds of unexpected problems..

It's just what I've read on here. My 87 already had the upgraded ETACS when I bought it. When I parted the car it was one of the first things to sell. If I remember correctly, the ETACS controls the wiper delay, the alarm, the slowdim interior light, and the seat belts. Not gonna swear to all of that, but somebody else will chime in and correct it if I'm wrong.

I don't think the ETACS has anything to do with the engine controls though. The 87's and earlier had an ignitor prone to failure. It's the black "knock control" box on the driver's side tower kinda by the coil. Sometimes they run sporadically, sometimes they quit for a while then come back, sometimes they just quit.