Small block dodge swap with 5 speed manual trans info

racer_amx

This is just info for those that might be interested in swapping a small block dodge with manual 5 speed trans that is way stronger than a T5 into a conquest.

Note: I have not done this, nor will I be able to attempt this anytime in the near future, this is just info I picked up for those who might be interested..

First you will need to decide on the engine you want, 318, 340, 360.... usually can be had for a couple hundred, plenty of aftermarket..

*If you got deep pockets you might wanna pick up a late model 5.7L hemi from a wrecked 03 and up Ram, 300C, Charger, ect...

The first gen 5.7's put out 345 horsepower and and 375 lb-ft of torque. You could get one from a wrecking yard with the full harness and computer and you would have a fuel injected, aluminum head smallblock for a couple grand* Plenty of aftermarket and growing for this engine

More info on the "new" hemi.... Hemi Magnum V8 Engine

Dos'nt matter which one you pick, the important thing to remember is that they all have the same bellhousing pattern

The next important step is to locate and puchase a dakota v6 bellhousing, it will bolt right up to the small block engines listed above, 90's versions are fairly cheap and easy to find in junkyards. You can also use the v6 flywheel as it uses a 10.5" clutch on a 143-tooth wheel, and fits a typical 10.5" muscle-car pressure plate.

Now for the Transmission, you need to source a Toyota Supra R154 5 speed from a 88-92 turbo, they can be had from the junkyard or ebay for a couple hundred and will handle gobs of power, the RI54 will bolt directly to the Dakota bellhousing, the reason for this is the Dakota bellhousing was used with the AX15 transmission, and both the R154 and the AX15 are built by Aisin-Warner. The bolt pattern on the transmission is very common, and was used with a variety of vehicles/transmissions.

This is the combination mopar guys are using to put 5 speeds in their a bodies