NHRA Scott Kalitta dies in drag racing accident.

FlyTSI

He was going over 300 MPH through the sand and head on into the concrete wall and the car exploded.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZUC2...eature=related

Watch at the very end and you can see the car hit the concrete and it just exploded.

They need to do something with that shutdown area for sure. Not near enough room from sand to concrete.

Word has it, I can't say who, but he was there. He states that the engine blew and a connecting rod went into his chest. I'm told that he was dead before the car blew up. In a way I hope this is true since he didn't die during the fire ball.

RIP Scott!

Watch at the very end and you can see the car hit the concrete and it just exploded.

They need to do something with that shutdown area for sure. Not near enough room from sand to concrete.

that's the first thing i noticed at that track and tony pedragon stated this in an interview that evening saying NHRA needs to do something about this. if you watch the video it does look like, well to me, after the explosion he might have been knocked out because it appears the car's brakes weren't being applied. even if the chute failed the brakes help more than what the video showed. if he was knocked out, or worse ^^^, the video makes sense. :rip: peace to his family.