1985 starts rich after head and timing chain replacement.

sail4.0

Ever since the engine over heated, and I had to replace the head which was cracked in two places, the engine starts rich but according to the air fuel ratio guage runs in the optimum range any time else. If the driver does not start the engine on the first try, it will flood to the point of having to disconnect the injectors. Once the injectors are disconnected, the engine will then start fine and will continue to run once the injectors are reconnected. I recently obtained a injector body off a 1986 Station with the Idle Speed Control and Throttle Position Sensor attached. Would replacing this whole assembly possible solve the problem. I have replaced the Idle Speed Control several times in the past and it seems to work for a whille and then quits. It currently does not function, but once the engine warms up it idles exactly at 800 rpm.

And.... are the 85 and 86 injectors not different ???

Thanks for the reply. I will check to see if they are different. If they are, I will check mine for possible leaks.

It sounds like a leaking injector.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have someone crank the engine while I look at the injectors inside the throttle body.