Running issues...

drifter87

Ok, as some of you may know, I have a new engine and turbo in my starion.

It ran great for a week and now it's showing some problems.

On start up it idles fine with intermittent misses.When it's warm and idleing it's stumbles real rough and dies occasionally. When I accelerate it backfires in small pops and seems to handle the boost alright. When I let off the pedal I can smell gas but it doesn't backfire until around 1500rpms.

I wondering if it could be a problem with the vacuum and/or possibly running rich? I can smell gas like i'm inside the tank. The injectors are new trilogy turbo and I jus found the wires of one of the clips were exposed to each other so I wrapped em up.

Edited by drifter87

No. It still ran rough and died. I couldn't hear any hissing for a vacuum leak, though I will be getting down and dirty with the car this week sometime to see if any of the vac lines are cracked or disconnected.

As info.....I got word back from "Trilogy Turbos" regarding the flow rating. His injectors were flow rated at 43.5psi. Stock regulator setting is 37-38psi. A little more pressure might make a big difference for some of you that use these and have issues the swap.

JR