few problems(brakes)

Jason_L

ok I got my 89 running after its been sittin since after pigeon forge 05'. runs great but i have very little brakes. if you press down and hold it loses pressure fast if you pump you can keep pressure but its still not great and the whole time the brakes barely stop you. I bled all four corners and did get air from drivers side rear and thats all. after I was done I realized I didnt do the abs unit which Im gonna do tonight. there is no fluid leaks and I changed the master cylinder first thing because it was leaking. It helped but still dont wanna stop

Also my blowoff valve wont work. I cleaned it and even took a hks one from a parts car and it didnt work either I have the same setup as before the car was parked and it worked fine then

ok I got my 89 running after its been sittin since after pigeon forge 05'. runs great but i have very little brakes. if you press down and hold it loses pressure fast if you pump you can keep pressure but its still not great and the whole time the brakes barely stop you. I bled all four corners and did get air from drivers side rear and thats all. after I was done I realized I didnt do the abs unit which Im gonna do tonight. there is no fluid leaks and I changed the master cylinder first thing because it was leaking. It helped but still dont wanna stop

If the peddel sinks it either the master cylinder, or leaking brake fluid.

If the brake peddle feels spongy you still have air in the lines.

i had i problem like that once i replaced the rubber hose removed ABS and the problem was gone ... did you bleed the ABS system??? the bleeder is on top of the big ABS thingy on the pass. side lol