Same hacker?

Robsweet87TSI

This is so typical, THIS is the type of stuff in which you guys get hacked. Jimmy, read the posts, I share a piece of knowledge and I get slammed by the owner of the forum and accused of being some degenerate anarchist. No, the door won't hit me on the way out, you want to ban? BAN. Banning solves everything, thats why you guys can't keep a stable forum running right? Ryddler I am not the one who needs a "new path", you're the one running into complications here.

This is completely off base. I asked you a simple question in jest to put you on the spot (yes, actually poking fun) because the way you presented all your information made it sound like you knew exactly what happened to the site (which you don't), and in such a way as to indicate you knew what/who did it.

Yes I had noticed that you hadn't been stirring up any trouble, although your statement here "THIS is the type of stuff in which you guys get hacked" is completely unfounded and uncalled for. This was not in any way meant to be a Kenquest witch hunt, and I don't intend to make it one, so please, lets all just get along.

and if they pissed you off, that's because your actions in the past completely warranted the actions brought against you.

Although I do respect most of the moderators here...

I have to disagree with this one.

Kate, I'm sorry if you felt that my statement was in any way encompassing you. Ken was a bit less than amicable or willing to see anything from any standpoint than his own back then, and that statement was really only meant to cover his actions at that time. Please contact me directly if there's an issue that we need to resolve.

Why doesn't everyone drop. Both sides are right...open source or not, it can be hacked, altered, phished or what ever they want to do on that day. Yes most real hackers will have a proxy server to fake their real location but then again a proxy server is not gauranteed and any real hacker would not waste hacking a forum unless it was personal. Would someone hack it for personal gains or in the hopes that members would go to a different site? yes they would if there was competition. But then again most hate crimes commited against sites are personal. In the history of website hacking there has normally been a reason why it was done. If you require better open source coding for a better forum or if you want to switch to a networking site let me know. I have over 50 different forums and I have the coding for a myspace/facebook type of site. Nothing is gauranteed and nothing is safe in this world. Myspace gets hacked thousands of times a day....You should be proud that your site was hacked, it just means someone is jealous and wants what you have. Welcome to the big leagues....

Why doesn't everyone drop. Both sides are right...open source or not, it can be hacked, altered, phished or what ever they want to do on that day. Yes most real hackers will have a proxy server to fake their real location but then again a proxy server is not gauranteed and any real hacker would not waste hacking a forum unless it was personal. Would someone hack it for personal gains or in the hopes that members would go to a different site? yes they would if there was competition. But then again most hate crimes commited against sites are personal. In the history of website hacking there has normally been a reason why it was done. If you require better open source coding for a better forum or if you want to switch to a networking site let me know. I have over 50 different forums and I have the coding for a myspace/facebook type of site. Nothing is gauranteed and nothing is safe in this world. Myspace gets hacked thousands of times a day....You should be proud that your site was hacked, it just means someone is jealous and wants what you have. Welcome to the big leagues....

The profile features on this system are rather impressive, although a networking system would be cool I think it would become rather redundant with the limited amount of users that we have. I dunno, definitely a good idea. Profile info is key though especially in being a car forum, I haven't messed with em enough yet on here but it'd be nice if your profile was setup almost like a myspace page or car domain page I guess I should say.

I have no issues setting up a mock site just to see if anyone would like it. The beauty of a networking site is that all videos can be uploaded in to the main site instead of uploading to you tube and then posting links. Its a clean way of doing things and in turn the bigger the audience the more profit the admins can make if they decide to use advertisement in to it. Either way, the offer is out there if the admins really want it done.