no gas,no food

Star_V8_Quest

Gas is $3.45 a gallon today.

Isn't life grand.

i paid $3.89 per gallon for diesel today, :angry: , i'm buying a kia , j/k

i paid $4.01 for stupid piss 91 octane in san francisco yesterday. i wish it was 3.45 again... =(

diesel is around $4.12

What part of an electric / hybrid vehical uses water?

The increased water usage is not from the vehicle itself per-say. The usage comes more from the

technology that produces the increased electrical current needed for the plug in types. 

Most generating plants still use steam to produce electricity , in one form or another.

Coal, natural gas, nuclear, all use steam. Water is also used in the evaporative

cooling towers for the generator plants. Perhaps I used the term hybrid to broadly, including the plug-in types 

in that genre. The diesel/electric and gas/electric do not have that same issue, but they are supposed to just 

be a stepping stone into the "greener" picture.

I've gotta jump into a movie here. Anybody seen "Gladiator"? Of course you have. I've watched it a dozen times or so. But have you seen the extended version? I did, just a few weeks ago for the first time. There's a scene in it where the sister (smokin' hot Connie Nielson) is talking to a few of the senators, realizing that Commodus is draining the empire and must be stopped. They ask "how's he paying for all of this". Connie replies "he's selling off our grain futures. They love the games, but they'll be starving in two years because of them". That's right where we are folks. Our future is being morgaged under our noses, but we're captivated by cell phones with mp3 players, and video games, and plasma tv's, and so on. Our trade deficit with China for the month of February was just over $20 billion. That's $2 billion more than it was in January. Our shrinking dollar value, the likes of Walmart, and everything under the sun made in China is going to run us into financial ruin. And we're borrowing in excess of $2 bilion a week from them too. That's on top of the trade deficit. What happens WHEN China decides they want to collect and we can't pay them? My uneducated guess says they'll get paid off in partial ownership of the US. Controlling interest of some sort. Although there's nothing I can do on an individual level, I'm still a bit panicked about it. I'm looking for an answer to it. All of it, or some of it. Anybody got any realistic ideas?

What happens when we can't pay China back? Thats the thing, our government will NEVER run out of money. US Government borrows money from the Federal Reserve which is privately owned by the international bankers, JP Morgan, David Rockefeller, etc. The government borrows money from the bank, since the US dollar is no longer backed up by gold like it was prior to 1933, and considered "Legal Tender" which respresents nothing. They can manufacture money all day long. The value of the dollar is based on the amount of money in circulation. Every time the government borrows money or even spends money the value of the dollar goes down and they are to pay interest back to the FED. Since it is IMPOSSIBLE to pay back what they don't own, thats where your income tax comes in. Your income tax pays off the interest in what was borrowed. An income tax law that doesn't exist, you merely volunteered when you signed your W2, but thats a-whole-nother story. I don't think I would be worrying about the value of the American dollar as much as I would the implementation of the Amero which is the first phase of the North American Union. China won't bury us, the bankers will.

A seed and some dirt and you have a salad, anyone can do it. My wife plants a garden every year, all the tomatos, corn, beans and potatoes you can eat. Nothing like walking outside and literly picking yourself a salad, from the lettuce to the sugar snap peas. Now if I can only find some seeds for crutons Id be all set :) Plus she uses coupons, she usualy saves more than she spends. Its just peoples impatience that are costing them most of the time, were a county of "I want it now" unfortunatly.

Man, that's gotta be something to be able to do that. I bet them veggies taste much different than the store bought stuff.

The price of everything is going up. Raw materials are up, basic necessities are up, forget luxuries....I know many car dealers and salemen who tell me people are dropping off their SUV's and walking out with the smallest car they got on the lot or just simply getting rid of their cars cuz they just can't afford a new car.

The price of bucket 4 cyl cars are up, people want to save money.

That's what happens when you take a food source and make fuel out of it. Just wait till cars run on water. It'll cost you $50 to take a shower. But hey....it's all for the better right?

That what's happens when it cost a <EDIT> of dough (Because of high gas prices) to move the food from where its grown (on corperate farms) to the grocery stores. Usually things are transported overland in trucks, and as the prices of gas go up, so will the cost of all the goods we purchase. :(

I blame the president.

http://home.mindspring.com/~dcrasta/bushbong.jpg