t-4 60-1 turbo

Chad

T-4 turbo with brand new rebuild (all moving parts are new). Was rebuilt by Forced performance by Brian Wilson himself. The origional turbo only had ~700 miles on it when the compressor nut came loose, allowing the wheels to self destruct. We determined all new rotating parts were in order to restore it. the only used parts are the compressor/turbine housigs and the bearing housing (center section).

Bearing housing is a garrett cartridge (no chineese junk) and it's water cooled. It hs the 360 degree thrust bearing.

It has the large compressor housing, 4" inlet, 2-1/2" discharge which is powdercoated red. The powder coat has a few chips in it, so it's not perfect. the compressor is a high flow .70 A/R.

The Turbine housing is a tangental .58 A/R (ideal for street/strip use) and it a devided inlet for split pulse manifolds (an expensive option) which can increase spool time even on non-devided manifolds. It has a 3" V-band discharge Tig welded on (all stainless materials)

The compressor wheel is a 60-1 (2.324" or 59.0296 mm INDUCER DIA. , and 3.00" or 76.2 mm EXDUCER) and is rated for about 61#'s of flow (500 HP +/-). The catalogs state it's capable of 585 whp, but I'd think 475-525 is more realistic on our motors.

Turbine wheel is a P-Trim (2.544" or 64.6176mm exducer and 2.922" or 74.2188 mm inducer) and is best suited for higher revs and higher total power than the smaller O-tirm.

I've driven this turbo on my setup so I know what it can do and when is spools, no guessing on my part. I was seeing spoolup beginning arround 2900, and by aobut 3200 it was at 19 PSI. By 3400 it was all I could do to keep the car going in a straight line . I've driven an identical setup using the T3/4 version of this turbo, this T-4 spooled within 150 RPM, but pulled much harder and longer. This is the same turbo I used to shatter a few transmissions and driveshafts, and a few members have been on "Hell runs" to confirms it pulls quite nicely.

I would not reccomend this turbo on a mostly street dirven car, it's just not that efficent below 7 PSI,and it does take a while to spool if you drive it under 3000 RPM a lot. I've certainly streeted it, but it's not as fun. I've taken it to 23 PSI, and 8200 RPM, it will out-perform your tires without question, and it never "falls off" above 6000 PM like the T-3/4 versions do.

New is was $1200 as optioned. Yes, you can find them cheaper on Ebay or some online retailers, but they are not garrett and not optioned like this one . This is esentialy new due to the total rebuild that was done.

Asking $700 shipped

http://webpages.charter.net/catsamuel/DCP01102.JPG

multiple pics available to serious buyers only, please

• 3 months later...

Still available, will concider offers, but don't wase my/your time with low-ball offers.

Even if you had an inside deal with a wholesaler, this would cost over $1000 to duplicate.

Still available, will concider offers, but don't wase my/your time with low-ball offers.

Even if you had an inside deal with a wholesaler, this would cost over $1000 to duplicate.

Chad. Is the exhaust housing also T4 or T3? I am pretty sure its a full T4 but it never hurts to check. I have been looking for .58 A/R T3 housing with V-band discharge but no luck, unless I change my exhaust mani to a T4 outlet. Mine spools at 4500 rpm and is good all the way to 7000rpm in my engine...since its a .84 a/r

I have the same turbo on my quest when I was MPI and that turbo is sweet. I loved it so much I kept it when I did my 2jz swap. I think this turbo is blanced right in the middle of lots of power and not much turbo lag either. the turbine a/r's are perfect for the 2.6L. Great turbo for the $$$ Good luck with the sale

Thanks Matt, I thought the lag was worth the wait, and not too long for street use.

It's always nice to hear another member that had the same experiances with the same setup.

• 2 years later...