MISS AT IDLE AND BOOST-88 Tsi with SHP

Tom

I went for a cruise the other day and got down on it a little.When i hit about 80 mph under boost,i got a stutter.When i let up everything seemed ok. On the way home i did the same thing with the same results. i also noticed a slight odor of gas for a minute. When i got to an intersection and stopped,i noticed that i had a miss at idle. It didnt SEEM to be missing at cruise speed. I checked for vac leaks and can find none. Also noticed no gas leaks. I have had the TB rebuilt and have a 2g bov which has been crushed. Any help appreciated.

PS- I plan on checking plugs,wires etc. this weekend. Also anything else you guys can suggest.

this is one of the reasons i did my rebuild. i went threw every thing to see why my car was doin the same thing your is. i never figured it out. wheni removed my top half of my engine. i did a test to check if my valves where leaking. and ooo man where they leaking. iam guessing that was my problem. may not be your problem but i think thats why my car was doin what yours is

A miss/ hesitation usually is ignition related.

Going thru the entire ignition system might be a good idea. The only part that can check good and still be going is the pick up...it looks burnt, replace it.

Make sure all electrical connections are clean and tight. Coil and ignitor cases have good grounds.

Even seperating the plug wires as far from each other as possible with no wires crossing can cure a miss.

Check the vac lines too.

ECU case has a good ground...the injectors are supplied ground from the ECU.

The pick up is inside the distrib...it's what supplies the timing/ tach signal. Kinda like the points way back when before electronic ignitions.

Follow the wires sticking out of the distrib body...there's the pick up.