PROBLEMS FINDING OIL PUMP

That's not going to make a difference on my car... and I doubt its going to be a big deal on a street car with the factory oil cooler either.

There was a reason the factory changed the pickup design on the turbo motor, they found out that the original design (NA style pump) was cavitating from the restriction of the block mounted pickup.

There was a reason the factory changed the pickup design on the turbo motor, they found out that the original design (NA style pump) was cavitating from the restriction of the block mounted pickup.

The 83's didn't have a rear mounted oil pan either, changing the direction of the pick up tube... which would result in lower restriction and putting the cavitaion to a bare minimum if at all... due to the oil filling the entire space of the oil pan during a launch, rather then a front mounted oil pan when the pick-up is not doing crap because the oil went to the back of the pan.

Just because a turbo is on the car doesn't mean the oil will all a sudden start cavitating... but I would like to hear more about your theory.