LOOOK! Need some info!

85_technica

look around the *DM site, he offers rebuilt TBs that are great quality. Rebuilding it isnt that hard either.

if you dont need/want any emissions stuff you can do your car up just like mine. I have a vac line to the dist. one to the boost sensor on the fire wall(solenoid because it also checks atmosphere for baro adjustments). and one for the hvac controls.

Is there any power gain? i think im just going to clean the tb really good and put it back together and all i need to put new hoses on EVERYTHING and then i am going to see how it runs when im done then go back and undo all of the emissions if there is a power gain or anything. I wish there was someone around here with a s/c that could help me with the fmic and all. ive never done this before.lol Will i need to really modify anything for the ic? cuz im running a stock replacement. but that was a factory option and the woman i bought it from bought it new in 85,and didnt want it?

the power gains from removing emissions equip is probably very small. the second air box has a protrusion into the downpipe. other then that its really just a matter of cleaning up the engine bay and the weight of the components. the flatsiders are the lightest cars without driver at around 2800lbs. dropping weight is very noticable.

one of the biggest things that did it for me was 25year old plastic and vac hoses. the plastic nipples on the solenoids break off so be careful. the hoses rot away and the routing is a nightmare and clutter as well.

your biggest hp gain of the bat will be a better flowing exhaust. you will notice and feel the difference.

you already have the tb off but i was going to warn you that its liquid cooled and you need to drain your coolant down a bit so you dont dump coolant into your intake.

well on the EGR is doesn't really do anything for you, other than emissions, and being an eyesore... i have a EGR block plate, just a little metal tab and gasket to replace that nasty black box.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/honorableogre/100_1627.jpg

also on the intercooler, there isn't really any need to modify, just have to change your turbo front housing, just the main thing is having the intercooler pipes, instead of going straight across from the turbo to the TB, it goes down into the front of the car, into the IC and then across the valve cover. also, i think you'd need to change the wastegate actuator, cuz on the flatty non intercooler cars it only runs 8 psi i think, to where the intercooler wastegate is around 10.

man i miss my technica

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m126/honorableogre/100_0740.jpg

Nobody has my rims...i think i am the only one like this in the club? i have seen flattys but they are like starions.So i think i got a rare one.i have the heat shields off and im paiting them this weekend.school is b/s cuz i can only work on it for like 3 or 4 hours a day.im thinking polished head w/ the little strips black? i need some pics of painted motors and all so i can get an idea of what to do.One more thing, 85 flattys are the most unique :mrgreen:

his conquest has probably been removed. 86-87 conquests had the wing. starions didnt ever i dont think. 85.5 conquest had a small rubber wing, the 85.5 was the only factory intercooled flatty. it also had 5lug wheels instead of 4. different airdam.

as far as your rims yes they arent common but the flattys all together arent common. i think there were only 1500 84 ES models like mine imported. I dont know about 85 production numbers but i imagine in that range somewhere. 84 they had ES, LS and LE models. 85 they had conquest LE model. 84 was the first year of the co-released conquest. sold under dodge and plymouth.

does your car have the voice alert stuff since its a technica model? under your drivers seat there should be a toggle switch that turns that stuff on/off. check it out.