tell me what to order in terms of MPI

ok I have the following

Magna MPI manifold

Ford TB 65mm

that is all I have right now....

it looks like to me all I would need is

Injectors.... would like 750cc

Engine Manage System.... (would like to go with Megasquirt, dont know which one to get though

various hardpipes

do they make a MS system that controls fuel and spark?

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasqu...7a213e3f1c85b8b

i ordered from them. they had everything in stock and built the ECU. it was in my hands in 3 days.

you need to figure out what you want the ECU to do.

it seems the MegaSquirt 1 pcb 3.0 MSNS-E is most used due to the 12X12 maps and ignition control. there is now a MegaSquirt 2 MSNS-E with a 16 X 12 maps. VE and a 12X12 spark map.

you will need to get a fuel pressure regulator and figure out how to run the intercooler pipes. where are you going to mount the ignition equipment. weather you go with MSdD type setup, or ford EDIS. what WIDEBAND 02 are you going to use? lots and lots of hidden costs besides the mpi stuff. fittings, clamps, couplers, hose, coolant sensors and intake air sensors injectorclips. mounting the ECU, running the harness and vac MAP sensor hose from the inside of the car to the intake sensors and injectors. all grounds should go to one common place including the wideband ground.

the most important thing is having a lot of patience.

Importwarrior cover most of the things needed. I wanted to add, I'm running the Megasquirt, board v2.2. I love it. I am using Megatune MSnS_Extra and this allows me to have 12x12 tables for VE and Spark. I was running fuel only, but added spark last week. Switching to MSnS is super easy for the 12x12 tables. A quick rundown is, download the newest firmware. In the firmware download is a small program to make flashing SUPER easy. All you have to do is use a jump on the "boot" part of the board. After it's flashed, simply go to Megatune config and choose your firmware version and MSnS code and you're set. It's a 2 minute max job!

One thing I would suggest is going spark while you're at it. I wish I would have gone to spark sooner. I love it. I paid $20 for my full EDIS system and then another $10 for wires at the junk yard. So for pretty cheap and a little more work you can have spark.

Also, I recommend a bigger IC. I upgraded last winter and only finished the upgrade 2 weeks ago, since I was in Brazil for over 3 months. I tested it a little and it had a huge difference with spooling. I can't speak for intake temps though, but I'm sure they have been reduced. The stock IC's 1 7/8" really chocks things up when you are running a big turbo.

Shawn

My list of MPI parts is:

Magna modified

Ford TB, Injectors & clips

MSD 6a, 8509, 8920

Fuel hose, fittings, intake couplers, intake piping, welding costs

smaller battery, K&N filter, misc parts(heatshrink, fuses, gaskets, wire, etc.)

AEM UEGO, Autometer Oil pressure

Megasquirt 2 v3.0 w/ sensors, cables relay board, wiring, bungs

That pretty much it, just a condensed list. If you need any specific info on parts, let me know.

-Justin

If your magna came with a fuel rail, you need to make sure it has the plastic standoffs (spacers) for the mounts. You can get those off of any eclipse 2.0, probably 1.8, whatever, but they are like spacers with dowels on the top and bottom to space and align the rail mounts. free.99 when you pocket them at the junkyard. ;)

You can use whatever injectors you want, but for a larger than stock turbo you'd want at least 550cc (I think new evo's have those stock). When you set up the EMS, you might be able to calibrate for whatever size injectors you have.

You'll need gaskets or rtv, I would get a stock mitsu manifold flange gasket, and the others will probably need to be made by you, unless you like searching for hard to get items from australia. You need to figure out coolant lines for the magna, sensors like water temp, air intake temp, map sensor (which on megasquirt is on the ecu).

Don't bother building the ecu yourself in the case of MS, just have them do it, I bought an MS2 and built it myself, and tried it on a couple cars with little success, the more "plug'n'play" it is, the easier for you.

Once, the intake side is done then you need boost tubes, couplers, maybe some large hole saw and drill to get the new, larger pipes to the IC. You can just get the stock one modified. 2.5" pipes fit on it because it's about 2.5" thick. Just get stubby's welded on and make the rest of your tubes.

Then, run the wires, make sure you set the base timing, offset and all that stuff then start it, then trailer it to a dyno tuning shop and pay them 500 bucks for a decent tune.

Done.