1987 Mitsubishi Starion Widebody - $1000

starspy

Ok this is the last time I will post this car up cause I want to give someone a chance to do something good to this thing. I bought this car with the intention of fixing it up and making it a 11-12 second car. Its got all the mods minus a walbro 255. Right now the car is not moving cause the altenator went out. I have put maybe 100 miles on the car since I got it.

Here is the old link with pics http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63271 .

I put it all back together and put a good battery in it started right up like usual and took it around the block a few times. I am 100% its the altenator. There are some other problems with it but nothing to major that can't be fixed. This is a good running car that just needs someone who knows more about them then me

First grand takes it away. Also I can help with shipping since I have a friend with a truck and trailer for a very small fee.

Also alot of you were troubled by the high rpm idle. I found the problem to be with the idle control sensor, it wasn't even put on. I got a couple of screws and put it on and it idles perfect and pulls WAY better.

No it does not run better than yours. It does however have alot of mods and if you have any sort of experience with them you could make this a VERY easy 12 second car with minimal money and some DIY skills. I would be very interested in a trade though straight up. Your car seemed to pull nicely never heard the turbo spool up, but you never got on it. Try and bring the '85 by and we can see whats up. The car is sitting right across the street from lions park in Bonner. I just need a daily driver man.

I will even throw in a hundred bucks so you can get a new altenator if you buy it. Easy fix and the car ran almost flawless before I took her apart.

Altenator to make it start. Maybe a fuel pump to match the performance of the 20G thats in it. Already has an '88 ECU. Thats about it. I have a friend who is a certified mechanic and he specializes in super/turbo cars. He told me he would fix her up for a $100 bucks. You prolly know him, Ben Honeycutt? The only problem after that is the wiring. Headlights and parking lights don't work. I have narrowed the parking lights to the rear hatch and have no clue on the headlights.

An engine tuneup would be great, injector clips, spark pugs, etc. Misc. stuff that everyone should do when they first get an older car. Like I said I never drove it much. If you want a fast car for not to much take it for a $1,000 spend $500 on it and you will be eating that kid at O'reilys with the honda.

Just sold my 88 off to a older guy in illinois who is dropping a chevy in it :P. Told him I would be looking for another one and this one seems perfect, just wish my insurance payments on my 04 HFP Accord 6spd wasn't so much or I would take this in a heartbeat. bump for this car